i24 News (U.S. TV channel)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||13 February 2017|
|Owned by||i24 News|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Headquarters||Jaffa Port, Tel Aviv|
New York City (U.S. originated broadcasts)
|Sister channel(s)||i24NEWS International|
News 12 Networks
|Altice Optimum||Channel 14|
|Altice Suddenlink||Channel 83|
|Spectrum||varies; see local listings|
i24NEWS is an English language international news television channel that is owned by Altice USA. It is the English version of i24NEWS. The network began broadcasting in the US on February 13, 2017. It is live from 6-10 p.m. Eastern Time and at other times broadcasts from Israel.
Original English channel
Arab Israeli journalist Lucy Aharish was the lead anchor of the original English-language branch of the channel from July 2013 until she resigned in January 2016. Her show, The News Today, was replaced by News Now with Merav Savir. News Now was cancelled after only a few months of broadcasting, ahead of changes to the network.
On 8 December 2016, all programming on the English channel officially ended in preparation for launching in America. The channel broadcast 10 minutes of news on the hour, from 8AM to 11PM (local time), and replaced Morning Edition, The Daily Beat, and The Lineup with a 26-minute news bulletin, repeated at half past each hour.
Current English channel
The launch of i24NEWS in the United States was announced on January 27, 2017. The channel is operated out of headquarters Jaffa.
Live programming is broadcast from Times Square in New York City, with an additional bureau in Washington, DC. Approximately 50 journalists were hired to staff the two locations. The channel uses resources from its Jaffa headquarters.
Among the first journalists hired were Michelle Makori, who is also the Editor-in-Chief, David Shuster, who is also the managing editor, and Dan Raviv, a veteran of over 40 years with CBS News). The channel acquired many of its initial behind-the-scenes personnel from the former Al Jazeera America channel.
- Michelle Makori – Host of ClearCut and Crossroads
- Michael Shure – National correspondent and fill in host
- David Shuster – Host of Stateside and Crossroads
- i24NEWS DESK, previously called The News, a 10-minute news bulletin (occasionally 26 minutes) at the top of the hour and half past
- Daily Dose
- The Rundown
- Harman, Danna (July 3, 2013). "Move over Al Jazeera, Israel's own 24-hour TV news station is about to go live". Haaretz.
- Margalit, Ruth (July 29, 2013). "The Israeli Answer to Al Jazeera". The New Yorker.
- "Tel Aviv based i24 News Launches US D.C. Bureau". Money. January 2017.
- "David Shuster Named Anchor, Managing Editor or i24 News". Adweek.
|This article about a television station in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|