This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: INFO|
S&P 500 Component
|Lance Uggla (Chairman & CEO)|
|Revenue||US$ 3.6 billion (2017)|
|US$ 524.2 million (2017)|
|US$ 416.9 million (2017)|
|Total assets||US$ 14.554 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$ 8.004 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Cambridge Energy Research Associates, Global Insight, Jane's Information Group, Carfax, Inc.|
Prime Publications Limited
John S. Herold, Inc.
The company has grown by acquiring companies of information and expert industry, many dating back to the late 1700s and 1800s.
In 2016 Englewood, CO-based IHS and London-based Markit merged.
Information Handling Services (IHS) "was founded in 1959 as Information Handling Services to provide information for aerospace engineers through microfilm databases." Jerre Stead was the chief executive from 2006 to 2013 and from 2015 until the merger with Markit.
Markit was founded in 2003 as Mark-it Partners, a financial data provider for daily credit default swap pricing. The company grew via joint ventures and by acquiring other companies, merging with IHS in 2016.
IHS Markit acquisitions
- September 26, 2017 - automotiveMastermind Inc., a leading provider of predictive analytics and marketing automation for the automotive industry.
- September 26, 2017 - Macroeconomic Advisers, an independent research firm widely recognized as one of the most respected forecasters of the US economy.
- August 03, 2018 - Ipreo, Leading Software Solutions and Data Provider in Global Capital Markets.
- "IHS Markit - History". Ihsmarkit.com. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "IHS Markit - Locations". Ihsmarkit.com. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "About Us". ihsmarkit.com. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "IHS Careers".
We are over 14,000 professional thought leaders, subject matter experts, analysts and consultants from 34 countries who see the world through an entrepreneurial lens.
- Mark Harden (11 July 2016). "IHS, Markit shareholders OK $13B merger". Denver Business Journal. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth". Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "IHS and Markit to merge in deal valued at more than $13B". cNBC.com. March 21, 2016.
IHS and Markit .. announced plans to merge
- "IHS Markit Rings Opening Bell at Nasdaq, Unveils New Logo - IHS Online Newsroom". press.ihs.com. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Information Handling Services (IHS) ..."
- Picker, Leslie (March 21, 2016). "IHS and Markit, Providers of Data and Analytics, Agree to Merge". NYTimes.com.
- "Plumbers in suits". The Economist. July 6, 2013.
- Natalie Harrison (November 14, 2007). "Markit says buys IIC, agrees to buy CDS IndexCo". Reuters. Retrieved December 14, 2007.
- Markit USD Interest Rate Curve XML Specification (PDF) (Report). Markit. March 30, 2009.
- Dave Valiante (July 28, 2008). "JPMorgan's FCS Corporation Acquired By Markit". WallStreetAndTech.com (Wall Street & Technology). Retrieved September 21, 2008.
- "Markit Buying Owners of iTraxx, CDX Credit Indexes". Bloomberg. November 14, 2007. Retrieved December 14, 2007.
- William Alden (May 5, 2014). "Financial Data Company Markit Files for I.P.O." The New York Times. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- "Markit IPO jumps after selling shares". USA Today. June 19, 2014.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|