|TV weather forecasts|
|Founded||22 September 1955|
|Manali Lukha (Head of Weather)|
|Parent||ITN, Met Office|
|Divisions||ITV Regional Weather|
ITV Weather is the national and regional forecast shown on UK terrestrial network ITV, and is provided by the Met Office (except the Channel Islands forecast, which is provided by the Jersey Meteorological Department). Bulletins are usually broadcast after every ITV News and ITV regional bulletin. Jon Mitchell is the longest serving forecaster after 28 years with ITV Weather.
The national bulletin launched on 22 September 1955, and previously featured the longest sponsorship deal on UK terrestrial TV to date, Powergen (later renamed E.ON) being the sponsor from shortly after its launch in 1989 until the end of 2007, when it was revealed that insurance firm esure/Sheilas' Wheels was to replace E.ON as the sponsor of ITV's national weather bulletins (except in Northern Ireland, where it was sponsored by Gocompare.com from January 2008 until December 2009). From January to July 2010, insurance comparison site Confused.com were the weather sponsor (except in central and northern Scotland, where it was sponsored by Specsavers). During August 2010, the weather was shown without a sponsor for the first time since mid-1989. The weather forecast was later sponsored by Topps Tiles from Autumn 2010 until January 2011, when The Co-operative Food took over. The ITV National Weather was once again broadcast without a sponsor between 1 January and 29 February 2012. The following day, UK vitamin and health supplement supplier Seven Seas began sponsoring the forecasts on ITV and UTV between 1 March 2012 and 30 April 2014. From 1 May until 2 November 2014, the National Weather sponsor on ITV and UTV was Vitabiotics. From 3 November 2014 to 1 February 2015, the National Weather on ITV and UTV was sponsored by Worcester Bosch Group. Glasses company Crizal UV were the sponsors from 2 February to 20 June 2015. Between 21 June 2015 and 3 July 2016, Green Flag were sponsors of the National Weather. Between 4 July 2016 - 8 July 2018, the National Weather on ITV, STV and UTV was sponsored by SSE. The national weather sponsorship didn’t appear on screen for a week, believed to be linked due to extreme weather and additional air time required. It returned on 5 March 2018. From 9 July until 9 October 2018, Checkatrade became the national sponsor along with them being the main sponsor for the weather during Good Morning Britain. As of the 10 October 2018, it is sponsored by Halfords, who also sponsor the Channel 4 Weather.
|Start of sponsorship||End of sponsorship||Brand|
|1989||2007||Powergen (later rebranded E.ON in 2007)|
|2008||2009||esure/Sheila's Wheels (ITV/STV); Gocompare.com (UTV)|
|2010||2010||Confused.com (ITV/UTV); Specsavers (STV)|
|2011||2011||The Co-operative Food|
|2014||2014||Vitabiotics (ITV/UTV); Digby Brown Solicitors (STV)|
|2014||2015||Worcester Bosch Group|
|2016||2018||SSE (ITV/UTV); Fischer Future Heat (STV)|
Each region has at least one dedicated presenter. At weekends three presenters cover all of the 15 sub-regions and one presenter covers the national forecast. Currently the sub-regions are grouped as follows:
- ITV News Anglia (East/West opts), ITV News Central (East/West opts), ITV News London and Wales at Six recorded at Millbank Studios in Millbank, central London.
- Calendar (North/South opts), Granada Reports, ITV News Tyne Tees and Lookaround recorded at MediaCityUK in Salford, Greater Manchester or at the Met Office in Exeter, Devon.
- ITV News Meridian (South & Thames Valley/South East opts) and ITV News West Country (West/South West opts) recorded at ITV Meridian in Whiteley, Hampshire.
- Unusually, ITV News Channel TV and UTV Live have no in-vision weather presenter at weekends.
On 3 October 2016, new weather graphics were introduced. These new weather graphics are easier to understand and better in-depth. These graphics are also used on Good Morning Britain in their weather updates as well as regional news.
- Present national on air team
- Former national on air team
- Present nations/regional on air team
- Former nations/regional on air team
- "E.ON abandons 18-year ITV Weather sponsorship". BrandRepublic. 18 September 2007. Retrieved 18 September 2007.
- Alex Beresford profile itv.com
- Becky Mantin profile itv.com
- Lucy Verasamy profile itv.com
- John Hammond BBC Weather
- Whirlwind wedding for Sian Lloyd. BBC News, 2 January 2008.
- Why has Sian Lloyd left ITV? Mystery as 56-year-old weathergirl quietly moves on with no announcement after 24 years. Harriet Arkell, Daily Mail, 8 August 2014
- Angie Phillips BBC Weather
- Sophia Bird profile itv.com, 30 May 2019
- Des Coleman profile itv.com
- Aisling Creevey and Chris Page profiles itv.com, 2 August 2018
- Kerrie Gosney and Jon Mitchell profiles itv.com, 18 July 2014
- Introducing... our new weather presenter Holly Green itv.com, 2 October 2017
- Ross Hutchinson profile itv.com, 11 September 2014
- Meet our new weather presenter Charlie Powell itv.com, 16 July 2018
- Kelsey Redmore profile itv.com
- Ruth Wignall profile itv.com