Indexed Database API
As an alternative to the Web storage standard, IndexedDB can provide more storage capacity. Web storage has fixed limits per website, but IndexedDB limits are "usually quite large, if they exist at all".
Web SQL Database was a prior API developed by Apple. But Firefox refused to add support for it and argued against it becoming a standard because it would codify the quirks of SQLite. It was thus deprecated in favor of IndexedDB.
- "IndexedDB API". W3.org. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- "Working with IndexedDB". Google. Retrieved 19 January 2019.
- "Using IndexedDB". MDN. Mozilla. Retrieved 19 January 2019.
- "IndexedDB - MDC Doc Center". Developer.mozilla.org. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- "Web Platform Status". The Chromium Projects. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- IndexedDB, MSDN, 2012-03-14, retrieved 2012-05-24
- "What's New in macOS". Apple. Retrieved 2017-07-09.
- Shankland, Stephen (2010-03-12). "Consensus emerges for key Web app standard | Deep Tech - CNET News". News.cnet.com. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- "Well, I'm Back: Not Implementing Features Is Hard". Weblogs.mozillazine.org. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- Beyond HTML5: Database APIs and the Road to IndexedDB