Industries Mécaniques Maghrébines
|Industry||Manufacturing, assembly and distribution of vehicles.|
|Tahar Latrous (CEO)|
Jameleddine Latrous (GM)
Number of employees
|320 (Tunisia, 2009)|
20 (Algeria, 2009)
|Parent||General Motors Locomotif du Tunisie|
|Divisions||Industries Mécaniques Maghrébines SARL|
The Industries Mécaniques Maghrébines S.A. (IMM) are a Tunisian car manufacturer headquartered in the city of Kairouan. The company was founded in 1982 and closed for the first time in 1988; the plant was reopened in 1991. Since then, the manufacturer has formed subsidiaries to distribute its vehicles in Carthage, Tunis and Oued Smar, Algeria.
The company is a joint-venture between the General Motors Company (20 per cent), Isuzu Motors Ltd. (10 per cent) and the locomotive builder General Motors du Tunisie S.A. (70 per cent). The latter provides the staff for the company.
In January 2008, it was announced that the Algerian subsidiary will be converted for the assembly of vehicles. The new IMM plant will assemble up to 25,000 units a year. In Kairouan, the IMM is manufacturing up to 4,000 units a year. The vehicles will be marketed alongside the two local markets in Gibraltar, Morocco, Mauritania and Libya. The IMM is responsible for the supply of the markets of the Maghreb region and the Arab Maghreb Union.
Special attention was given to the vehicles of the IMM in the 2011 Libyan civil war when Gaddafi's henchmen used them to attack their own cities to spread fear and terror.
- The Middle East and North Africa - Google Bücher
- LES INDUSTRIES MECANIQUES MAGHREBINES KAIROUAN Tunisie Base de données Annuaire Tunisie
- Export tunisia, Exporter,Invest in Tunisia, investir en Tunisie - Development export consulting
- Société les industries mecaniques maghrebines fournisseur de sur Tunipages. Société les industries mecaniques maghrebines ,Tunisie
- "GENERAL MOTORS BEGINS VEHICLE ASSEMBLY AT JOINT VENTURE IN TUNISIA - Free Online Library". www.thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- "Industries Mécanique Maghrébine : Le Blog Maghreb Info". maghrebinfo.20minutes-blogs.fr (in French). Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "L'automarché - Actualité du monde automobile en Algérie". www.lautomarche.com (in French). Retrieved 2017-09-05.