|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||90 mins.|
|Original release||May 30 –|
November 14, 1951
International Playhouse is the name of an American television series that was broadcast on the now-defunct DuMont Television Network during 1951.
International Playhouse is a Monday night filmed series, but the exact dates of broadcast are unclear. Brooks and Marsh (2007) state the program aired from April to May 1951. McNeil (1996) and the Clarke Ingram historic website on DuMont both give the broadcast dates as May 30, 1951, to November 14, 1951. Little information about the series has been preserved. McNeil states the content consisted of "short foreign films and other foreign-made dramatic stories". A TV listing from December 10, 1952, suggests the series continued on WABD after the network run ended; in the listing the show is listed at 10:00PM, with the guide to films on TV for that day suggesting the presentation consisted of 1934 British film Freedom of the Seas.
The UCLA Film and Television Archive lists 12 episodes in their collection, some of which are incomplete.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- Brooks, Tim; Marsh, Earle (2007). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network Cable and TV Shows, 1946-Present (9th ed.). New York: Ballantine. pp. 925-926. ISBN 978-0-345-49773-4.
- McNeil, Alex (1996). Total Television (4th ed.), p. 411. New York: Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1