Irvington station (BART)
Aerial view of the proposed station site in 2018
|Location||Osgood Road at Washington Boulevard|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
Irvington is a proposed Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) infill station in the Irvington District of Fremont, California. As of January 2019[update], estimates from the city anticipated construction to begin in 2022, with the station opening for service in 2026.
The Warm Springs extension began construction through the Irvington District in 2009, to connect Fremont and Warm Springs. The proposed station at the center of Irvington, once considered optional, was part of the extension. However funding for construction of the station fell through. The station had been envisioned for completion in 2015.
The city of Fremont had planned to finance the $140 million station through redevelopment agency bonds in 2009, but the bonds were cancelled when the California State Legislature abolished the redevelopment agency. In 2014, Measure BB and the Alameda County Transportation Expenditure Plan received voter approval with $120 million listed for the Irvington BART station that was contingent on full definition of the capital project and its inclusion in a future Capital Improvement Program. A reevaluation of the environmental impact study was undertaken by the city in 2017.
The BART Board of Directors confirmed they had voted to authorize the Irvington station in August 2019, with construction to start some time after 2022 and complete by 2026.
- "Community Meeting 3 Informational Boards". City of Fremont. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "Warm Springs Extension Alignment". BART. December 30, 2009. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- "Irvington BART Station". City of Fremont. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "Irvington BART Station in planning phase". India Post. 2 January 2019. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- Bowers, Wes (October 2, 2009). "Warm Springs BART link breaks ground in Fremont". San Jose Mercury News. Archived from the original on August 4, 2016. Retrieved July 10, 2016.
- "City of Fremont - Legislative Guiding Principles and Priorities 2013". City of Fremont. 2013. p. 8. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- Artz, Matthew (May 27, 2011). "Irvington BART Station back on track". Oakland Tribune.
- "What the infrastructure is happening in Fremont?". Tri-City Voice. August 27, 2013. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Ballot Measure Submittal Form - Measure BB" (PDF). Alameda County. August 4, 2014. Retrieved 2014-10-18.
- 2014 Alameda County Transportation Expenditure Plan (PDF) (Report). Alameda County Transportation Committee. January 2014. p. 3. Retrieved 2014-10-18.
- Geha, Joseph (30 March 2017). "Fremont: Irvington BART site to be re-evaluated for almost $3 million". East Bay Times. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- Bartlett, Amanda (August 22, 2019). "New BART station slated for completion in 2026". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 23 August 2019.