|• Total||286.19 km2 (110.50 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Ishwarganj|
Ishwarganj has a total area of 286.19 km². It borders Gaurepur Upazila to the north, Nandail to the south, Kendowa to the east, and Trishal Upazila to the west. It is 147 km from Dhaka and 24 km from Mymensingh.
The Kancha Matia River flow through the Upazila and meets the Norosunda River.
According to the 2011 Bangladesh census, Iswarganj had a population of 376,348. Males constituted 49.75% of the population and females 50.25%. Muslims formed 96.78% of the population, Hindus 3.20% and others 0.02%. Iswarganj had a literacy rate of 41.01% for the population 7 years and above.
According to the 1991 Bangladesh census, Ishwarganj had a population of 306,977 in 56,296 households. 143,379 persons were aged 18 or older. Males constituted 50.8% of the population and females 49.2%. Ishwarganj has an average literacy rate of 22.2% (age 7+ years), compared to the national average of 32.4%.
Points of interest
Nearby places of interest include the Atharabari Railway Station, Luxmigonj Bazar, Mizebag, Mirzapur, Tarundia, Uchakhila, Boro hit, Sohagi Railway Station and Uchakhila Bazar.
Atharabari Bazar is the greatest Hat in Mymensingh. From the ancient period, Atharabari was famous for its Rayerbazar. In 2017 year, this bazar yielded above 2 crores in sales.
Khalbala Bazar is famous for its Jute market. Many jute godowns process Jute in Mymensingh. It has been known for Jute processing since the age of golden fiber.
Atharabari Zamindar Bari is known for its location, beauty, and prosperity.
At one time Ishwarganj and Uchakhila bazaar were famous markets in Mymensingh division for their jute and beef. Now, the bazaar is called the "Lexmigonj Bazar".
Ishwarganj's Member of the Parliament is Fakrul Imam [Jatio Party]. Its Upazila Chairman is Mahmud Hasan Sumon (BAL). The Vice Chairman is Aminul Islam Bhuyan ( Moni ) [BNP]. The female Vice Chairman is Shefali Hamid. [BNP]. Its Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) is Mitu Marium.
Ishwarganj has 11 Unions/Wards, 293 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 296 villages. ThePowrashaba is Ishwargonj. Unions:
- Ishwargonj (Md. Abu Hanifa (Hanif))
- Shohagi (Md. Habibur Rhaman)
- Atarobari (Md. Alamgir Kabir)
- Jatiya ( Md. Jonto) website = http://jatiaup.mymensingh.gov.bd/
- Maizbagh (Md-Anwar Parvaz)
- Mogtola (Md. bodrul alom Mamun)
- Rajibpur - Doc.Chan Miah(Md. Mudabbir Hosen)
- Uchakhila Chairman: Md. Shafiqul Islam Shafiq
- Tarundia Chairman: (Md.Abdul Halim )
- Borohit Chairman: (Md. Shajalal)
The economy in this region is mostly made up of agriculture, which accounts for 70.52% of income. 70,718 acres are under cultivtion. Other sectors include business (10.22%) and services (3.84%).
Ishwaraganj's educational institutes include:
- Ishwarganj Degree College 
- Ishwarganj Bisweswari Pilot High School 
- Uchakhila Higher Secondary School and college
- Ishwarganj Mohila College
- Atharabari College
- Alinogor Technical & Commercial College
- Atharabari M.C. High School
- Barohit High School
- Charjhithor High School
- Charnikhla High School
- Ishwargonj Ideal College
- Kasimpur High School
- Konapara High School
- Madhupur M.L. High School
- Maizbag Pas Para High School
- Mollik pur High School, (Laxmigonj)
- Moricharchor High School
- Postail High School
- Rajibpue AU High School
- Shakhua A.B.N High school
- Shohagi Union High School
- Tarundia Jagat Memorial High School
- Protishruti Model High School
- D.S. Kamil Madrasha
- Kazir Bolsha Dakhil Madrasha
- Mohespur Dakil Madrasha
- Pitambar Para Alia Madrasha, (Laxmigonj)
- Shakhwa Mozidia Dakhil Madrasha
- Uchakhila Keramotia S.A Madrasha
- Dhitpur High School
- Sree Nogor Dakhil Madrasha
- Rawlar Char Alim Madrasha
- Kumaruli High School
- Fanur Ashraful Ulom Dhakil Madrasha
- Md. Azizur Rahman Bhuiyan (2012). "Ishwarganj Upazila". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal (ed.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Mymensingh" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- "Ishwarganj Degree College - ঈশ্বরগঞ্জ ডিগ্রী কলেজ". www.idc.edu.bd.
- "::Welcome To Our Web Portal ::". www.bphs.edu.bd.