Island Barn Reservoir
|Island Barn Reservoir|
Sailing Club at Island Barn
|Basin countries||United Kingdom|
|Surface area||122 acres (0.49 km2)|
|Water volume||4.5 Gl (0.99×109 imp gal)|
The Island Barn Reservoir lies south of the River Thames in England at West Molesey. The reservoir is 122 acres (0.49 km2) large with a capacity of 992 million gallons and is managed by Thames Water. It is within the borough of Elmbridge and is surrounded by the River Mole to the west and the River Ember to the east. Queen Elizabeth II Reservoir is a larger reservoir to the West.
Island Barn Reservoir Sailing Club hosts dinghy sailing races and training at the reservoir. Among many successful current and past members has been Fireball world champion and ISO designer John Caig and British Olympic, European Champion and World Cup sailor Nicola Groves.
- Island Barn Reservoir Sailing Club
- "Opening Ceremony, 4 November 1911". Island Barn Reservoir Sailing Club. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- A Guide to the Industrial Archaeology of the Borough of Elmbridge
- Surrey Bird Club Recent Sightings, including IB Reservoir
- Thames Water official website - Birdwatching