|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hooghly|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Pandua|
As per the 2011 Census of India, Itachuna had a total population of 1,451 of which 735 (51%) were males and 716 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 146. The total number of literates in Itachuna was 1,034 (79.23% of the population over 6 years).
Bejoy Narayan Mahavidyalaya, a general degree college, was established at Itachuna in 1950. It is affiliated with the University of Burdwan and offers honours courses in Bengali, English, Sanskrit, history, political science, philosophy, economics, mathematics, physics, chemistry, botany, zoology and nutrition.
Itachuna Rajbari also known as "Bargee Danga" became a tourist spot of Hooghly district. This was established by Kundan family originated from Maratha in 1766. Now the palace has been transformed into a heritage hotel. It is known for being the shooting location of many Hindi and Bengali films like Lootera, Poran Jaye Jolia Re, Rajmohol etc.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- Google maps
- "Bejoy Narayan Mahavidyalaya". BNM. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Bejoy Narayan Mahaviyalaya, Itachuna, Hooghly". College Admission. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Inside our Royal Past: A Haunting Story of the Itachuna Palace".
- Roy, Tasmayee Laha (14 February 2017). "Rajbaris to come up as boutique hotels". The Economic Times. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- "The Rajbaris in and around Kolkata". Retrieved 5 November 2017.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|