J. T. Poston
|J. T. Poston|
|Full name||James Tyree Poston|
|Born||June 1, 1993|
Hickory, North Carolina
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||165 lb (75 kg; 11.8 st)|
|College||Western Carolina University|
|Current tour(s)||PGA Tour|
|Former tour(s)||Web.com Tour|
|Best results in major championships|
|U.S. Open||CUT: 2017|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
James Tyree Poston (born June 1, 1993) is an American professional golfer.
After starting 2016 with no status on any tour, Poston Monday qualified for the United Leasing Championship on the Web.com Tour and finished T23. His finish earned him entry into the Rex Hospital Open, where a tie for third earned him Special Temporary Member status for the season. Five more top 15s, including two second-place finishes, resulted in Poston finishing 10th on the regular-season money list and earning a 2017 PGA Tour card.
- 2011 Trusted Choice Big I National Championship
- 2013 Southwestern Amateur, Golfweek Program Challenge, Cardinal Intercollegiate, Hummingbird Intercollegiate
- 2014 SoCon Championship
- 2015 Wexford Plantation Intercollegiate, SoCon Championship
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship|
CUT = missed the half-way cut
PGA Tour career summary
* As of the 2018 season.
- "Terry Sanford's Jackson Spires tied for fifth after first round of state 4-A playoffs". Fay Observer. May 9, 2011. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- "J.T. Poston brings big-time talent to mid-major stage". Golfweek. April 23, 2015. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- "J.T. Poston Bio". Catamount Sports. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- Battle, Derrick (September 5, 2016). "Former Hickory High golf star earns PGA Tour card". Hickory Daily Record. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- "JT Poston". World Amateur Golf Ranking. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- "2017 Money Leaders". PGA Tour. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- "2018 Money Leaders". PGA Tour. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- "Career Money Leaders". PGA Tour. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- "J.T. Poston Profile". PGA Tour. Retrieved September 23, 2018.