Jack Farthing (born 14 October 1985) is an English actor who is notable for playing Freddie Threepwood in Blandings and as villain George Warleggan in the BBC One drama series Poldark. He also appeared as George Balfour in The Riot Club.
Early life and career
Born and raised in North London, Farthing has described his childhood as "lovely". He was educated at Westminster School, before reading History of Art at St Catherine's College, Oxford, and then attending LAMDA.
|2014||The Riot Club||George Balfour||Directed by Lone Scherfig|
|2015||Burn Burn Burn||Dan||Directed by Chanya Button|
|2019||Official Secrets||Andy Dumfries||Directed by Gavin Hood|
|2012||Pramface||Mitchell||BBC Three TV series 1 episode 4|
|Silk||Patrick Telford||BBC One TV series 2 episode 3|
|2013||Blandings||The Hon. Frederick Threepwood||BBC One TV series 1|
|Dancing on the Edge||Young Waiter||BBC Two TV series 1 episode 3|
|Da Vinci's Demons||Botticelli||Fox TV series 1 episode 4|
|Poirot: The Big Four||Gerald Paynter||ITV|
|2014||Blandings||The Hon. Frederick Threepwood||BBC One TV series 2|
|Cilla||John Lennon||ITV TV series (2 episodes)|
|2015–present||Poldark||George Warleggan||BBC One|
|2018||The ABC Murders||Donald Fraser||BBC One|
- Ellie Walker-Arnott. "Meet the cast of BBC1's comedy drama Blandings". RadioTimes.
- "Who's who in Poldark? A guide to the characters, from Demelza to Drake".
- "The Riot Club (2014)".
- Dougary, Ginny (22 July 2018). "Poldark's Jack Farthing on playing George Warleggan, stripping off on camera and his crush on Timothée Chalamet". Radio Times. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Maxx Design. "Famous Old Westminsters (OWW), Central London". westminster.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2015-01-13.
- "LAMDA and RADA grads on screen in Poldark Series 2 - Conservatoire for Dance and Drama". 30 August 2016.
- Laura Barnett. "'Next!': the secretive world of casting directors". the Guardian.
- "Cilla, a three-part drama for ITV,". itv.com. ITV. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
|This article about an English film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|