Jack Hill (politician)
Senator Jack Hill - Reidsville, GA
|Member of the Georgia Senate|
from the 4th district
|Assumed office |
|Born||July 15, 1944|
Reidsville, Georgia, United States
Jack Hill was born and continues to live in Reidsville. He is a retired grocer and his wife, Ruth Ann, is a retired elementary school principal. Together, they have three children and seven grandchildren.
Re-elected in 2018 to his 15th two-year term, Senator Hill was first elected to the Georgia State Senate in 1990.
Senator Hill is the Chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, and under his leadership Georgia has maintained the highest bond rating awarded, a "Triple A," from the national rating agencies.
Senator Hill also serves as the Vice Chairman of the Senate Rules Committee. He also serves on the Natural Resources and the Environment and Regulated Industries and Utilities, as well as an ex-officio member of the Finance Committee. Past chairmanships include: K-12 Education, Ethics, and Higher Education.
- "Jack Hill". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- Galloway, Jim. "Dear school bus driver: Don't panic over health insurance loss. Not yet". ajc.com. The Atlanta Journal Constitution. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- Getz, Jason. "Jack Hill". ajc.com. Atlanta Journal Constitution. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- "Georgia State Senate" (PDF). www.senate.ga.gov. Georgia State. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- Gould Sheinin, Aaron. "State Maintains "Triple A" Bond Rating But Danger Lurks". ajc.com. Atlanta Journal Constitution. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- "Georgia State Senate". www.senate.ga.gov. The State of Georgia. Retrieved March 5, 2015.