Dr Janet Woollard
10 February 2001 – 9 March 2013
|Preceded by||Doug Shave|
|Born||13 February 1955|
|Spouse(s)||Dr Keith Woollard|
Woollard successfully contested the seat in the February 2001 state election as an Independent candidate (representing the Liberals for Forests party). She was re-elected at the 2005 election and again at the 2008 election.
In 2007 Woollard's son, Luke, crashed his family's boat whilst drink driving, seriously injuring a passenger. The injured passenger successfully sued Luke, who said he was unable to pay the A$230,000 compensation and indicated he faced bankruptcy. Woollard and her husband initially refused to pay the compensation on behalf of their son. However, they settled the case following intense media scrutiny.
- Members of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly, 2001-2005
- Members of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly, 2005-2009
- "West Australian MP's son Luke Woollard declares bankruptcy over claim". News Limited. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Luke Woollard: I can't pay $230,000 boat crash compensation". News Limited. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Woollard settles son's $250k boat crash civil action with victim Kate Campbell". The Australian. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- "WA votes 2013". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 10 March 2013. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
|Western Australian Legislative Assembly|
| Member for Alfred Cove
|This article about an Australian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|