Johnson being interviewed in 2013
|Born||January 16, 1979|
El Cajon, California, U.S.
|Awards||2013 TORC Off Road Series Rookie of the Year|
|NASCAR Xfinity Series career|
|4 races run over 3 years|
|Best finish||119th (2009)|
|First race||2008 Kroger On Track for the Cure 250 (Memphis)|
|Last race||2010 Federated Auto Parts 300 (Nashville)|
|NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series career|
|2 races run over 1 year|
|Best finish||68th (2005)|
|First race||2005 Cheerios Betty Crocker 200 (Richmond)|
|Last race||2005 Kroger 200 (Martinsville)|
|Statistics current as of November 17, 2013.|
Jarit Johnson (born January 16, 1979) is an American competitive racing driver. He is the brother of NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson, and a former NASCAR competitor; he currently drives a Pro 2 Trophy Truck in the TORC: The Off Road Championship series.
Johnson was born in El Cajon, California on January 16, 1979 to Catherine and Gary Johnson. He has two brothers. Jimmie, a seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion, is the oldest of the three brothers. Jessie, the youngest, also competes in professional off-road races (as of 2015).
After making a name for himself in off-road competition, Johnson made his debut in NASCAR competition in 2005, competing in two events in the Craftsman Truck Series for KW Racing with a best finish of 25th. Johnson made his debut in the Nationwide Series in 2008; between 2008 and 2010, he drove in four Nationwide Series events for Fitz Motorsports, SK Motorsports, and NEMCO Motorsports, posting a best finish of 31st. Johnson also competed in the Camping World East Series for Trail Motorsports in 2009, competing in seven races before the team folded due to lack of sponsorship.
After being unable to find a full-time NASCAR ride, Johnson returned to off-road racing in 2012. Competing in the Traxxas TORC Series Pro-2 class in 2013, he was named the series' Rookie of the Year. The series was renamed as TORC: The Off-Road Championship. He continued in the Pro 2 class and finished sixth in the 2014 points. Johnson raced in selected TORC Pro 2 events in 2015 finishing sixth in the points.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
|NASCAR Nationwide Series results|
Craftsman Truck Series
|NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series results|
* Season still in progress
1 Ineligible for series points
- "2015 points results". TORC: The Off-Road Championship. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "Jarit Johnson - 2005 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Results". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- Center, Bill (October 23, 2008). "Jimmie Johnson's younger brother trying to make name for himself". San Diego Union-Tribune. San Diego, CA. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "Jarit Johnson - NASCAR Nationwide Series Results". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- Livingstone, Seth (January 21, 2009). "Brother of Jimmie Johnson to make racing debut". USA Today. McLean, VA. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- Center, Bill (June 21, 2012). "Jarit Johnson returning to resume off-road career". U-T San Diego. San Diego, CA. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "TORC Off Road Series Names Jarit Johnson Rookie of the Year". Catchfence.com. October 4, 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "2014 Pro 2 driver standings". TORC. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- "Jarit Johnson - 2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series Results". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "Jarit Johnson - 2009 NASCAR Nationwide Series Results". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "Jarit Johnson - 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series Results". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jarit Johnson.|