Bandy with the Angels in 2016
|Born: March 26, 1990|
West Hills, California
|September 14, 2015, for the Los Angeles Angels|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2018 season)
|Runs batted in||45|
Jett Adam Bandy (born March 26, 1990) is an American professional baseball catcher in the Texas Rangers organization. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Los Angeles Angels and Milwaukee Brewers.
Bandy attended Thousand Oaks High School in Thousand Oaks, California. The Los Angeles Dodgers selected him in the 41st round of the 2008 Major League Baseball draft, but he did not sign. Bandy enrolled at University of Arizona, and played college baseball for the Arizona Wildcats. In 2010, he played collegiate summer baseball in the Cape Cod Baseball League for the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox.
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim / Los Angeles Angels
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim selected Bandy in the 31st round of the 2011 MLB Draft. He signed with the Angels and made his professional debut with the Arizona League Angels and also played for the Orem Owlz of the Pioneer League. He played for the Salt Lake Bees in 2011 and Inland Empire 66ers in 2012. Bandy played for the Double-A Arkansas Travelers in both 2013 and 2014.
Bandy made his Major League debut on September 14, 2015. In 2016, he batted .234/.281/.392 in 209 at bats.
On December 13, 2016, Bandy was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers for Martín Maldonado and Drew Gagnon. He began the 2017 season splitting playing time at catcher with Manny Piña. Following the acquisition of Stephen Vogt, formerly of the Oakland Athletics, and due in part to a recent slump, Bandy was optioned down to the Triple-A Colorado Springs Sky Sox on June 25. Bandy, however, was recalled from the Sky Sox after Vogt went on the disabled list for neck and leg injuries on July 17.
On November 7, 2018, Bandy signed a minor league contract with the Texas Rangers. He was assigned to the Triple-A Nashville Sounds for the 2019 season, hitting .231/.279/.430/.709 with 13 home runs and 33 RBI.
- "Wildcat catcher throws weight behind plate - UA Wildcats baseball". TucsonSentinel.com. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- Daniel Berk Arizona Daily Star. "MLB draft: Angels take UA's Bandy on final day". Arizona Daily Star. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- "Minor League Notebook: Bandy takes stealing personally". VCS. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- "Jett Bandy Stats, Fantasy & News". Milwaukee Brewers.
- Hoornstra, J.P. (December 13, 2016). "Angels deal Jett Bandy to Brewers, acquire catcher Martin Maldonado". ocregister. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Notes: Piña making most of his opportunity".
- "Brewers' Jett Bandy: Demoted to Minors". June 25, 2017. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- Sorgi, Jay (July 18, 2017). "Brewers put catcher Vogt on disabled list among six roster moves Tuesday; Vogt may be out a month". Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- "Brewers acquire Erik Kratz from Yankees, DFA Jeff Bandy". Yardbarker. 27 May 2018. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- Eddy, Matt (November 6, 2018). "Minor League Free Agents 2018". Baseball America. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- "Rangers add Major-League Experience, Organizational Depth at Catcher". November 7, 2018. Retrieved November 8, 2018.
- "Sounds Announce Tentative Opening Day Roster". milb.com. March 27, 2019. Retrieved April 4, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jett Bandy.|