|Born: September 23, 1959|
|April 10, 1983, for the Pittsburgh Pirates|
|Last MLB appearance|
|September 6, 1988, for the Minnesota Twins|
|Earned run average||4.67|
Winn was born in Stockton, California and grew up in Clever, Missouri. Winn attended John Brown University in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. On June 8, 1981, he was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first round (14th pick overall) of the 1981 amateur draft. Winn made his major league debut on April 10, 1983 with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Winn played for the Pirates from 1982 to 1986. On March 27, 1987, he was traded by the Pittsburgh Pirates to the Chicago White Sox for John Cangelosi. He was released by the White Sox during spring training in 1988. He signed with the Minnesota Twins shortly thereafter and finished his major league career with them.
- "Clever's Jim Winn was the 14th overall selection by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 1981 MLB draft". Bolivar Mo News. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Jim Winn Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "Jim Winn". Baseball-Reference.Com. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "1987 Chicago White Sox". Baseball-Reference.Com. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "1988 Minnesota Twins". Baseball-Reference.Com. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Baseball Almanac