'John Maringouin is an American film director. His debut feature, Running Stumbled, received wide critical acclaim and was referred to by Variety as a "phantasmagoric filmmaking debut" Maringouin received a Spirit award nomination for the film 
Maringouin's second feature, Big River Man, is about endurance swimmer Martin Strel's 2007 attempt to swim the entire Amazon river. The film won multiple 2009 documentary awards including the Cinematography Award at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival. The film received almost unanimous critical praise and was described by The Times as "an absolute epic" It is distributed by Planet Green.
Maringouin's 2018 film Ghostbox Cowboy premiered in the narrative competition at the 2018 Tribeca film festival.
- Just Another Day in the Homeland (2004)
- Running Stumbled (2006)
- Big River Man (2009)
- We Are X (2016) - cinematography and editing
- Ghostbox Cowboy (2018)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-10-09. Retrieved 2010-09-19. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "BIG RIVER MAN: INTERVIEW WITH JOHN MARINGOUIN". electricsheepmagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-11-28.
- "Sundance Film Festival Awards: 'Birth Of A Nation' Pulls Off Double Win, Gassy 'Swiss Army Man' Takes Directing Prize". Deadline Hollywood. 2016-01-30. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- John Maringouin on IMDb
- Big River Man official site
- Running Stumbled official site