|Treasurer of Nebraska|
|Assumed office |
January 9, 2019
|Preceded by||Don Stenberg|
|Member of the Nebraska Legislature|
from the 49th district
January 9, 2013 – January 9, 2019
|Preceded by||LeRoy J. Louden|
|Succeeded by||Andrew La Grone|
|Born||February 6, 1982|
Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.
|Education||University of Nebraska, Lincoln (BA)|
John Murante (born February 6, 1982 in Omaha, Nebraska) is an American politician from Gretna, Nebraska who has been serving as the Nebraska state treasurer since January 2019. He previously served as a Nebraska state senator in the unicameral Nebraska Legislature representing District 49; the legislature itself is non-partisan.
When Senator LeRoy J. Louden retired and left the District 49 seat open, Murante placed first in the May 15, 2012 primary election with 2,359 votes, and won the November 6, 2012 general election with 8,508 votes against Frank Wellenstein.
- "Sen. John Murante". Lincoln, Nebraska: Nebraska Legislature. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- "Senator John Murante's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Gale, John A. "Primary Election May 15, 2012" (PDF). Lincoln, Nebraska: Secretary of State of Nebraska. p. 36. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Gale, John A. "Official Results of Nebraska General Election November 6, 2012" (PDF). Lincoln, Nebraska: Secretary of State of Nebraska. p. 15. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Nohr, Emily (July 25, 2017). "John Murante announces bid for state treasurer, says Nebraska needs conservative leadership". Omaha World-Herald. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- "Support of prominent Republicans carries Murante to victory over Royal in state treasurer's race". Scottsbluff Star-Herald. BH News Service. May 16, 2018. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Election 2018: GOP sweeps Nebraska's top races; Lincoln voters term-limit Beutler; Medicaid expansion wins". Lincoln Journal Star. November 7, 2018. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- Official page at the Nebraska Legislature
- Campaign site
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Biography at Ballotpedia
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
| Treasurer of Nebraska
|This article about a Nebraskan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|