|Alma mater||Yale University|
Early life and education
In the 1970s, he was an associate editor of Crawdaddy!, where he published his first works (outside school publications); and in the 1980s, an associate editor at Rolling Stone and the music editor at The Village Voice. He started contributing to The Times in 1982. He reviews popular music in the arts section of The Times.
Works and publications
- Pareles, Jon; Romanowski, Patricia, eds. (1983). The Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll. London: Rolling Stone Press. ISBN 978-0-718-12400-7. OCLC 807522140.
- "Pareles, Jon". Current Biography. H. W. Wilson Company. 69 (11): 75. November 2008. ISSN 0011-3344. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
- Ask a report: Jon Pareles, Music Critic. The New York Times.
- Hay, Carla (March 20, 2004). "Meet the Critics". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 116 (12): 1, 88. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- Ward, Steven (July 2001). "The Grey Lady's Pop Music Man: Jon Pareles in Conversation". rockcritics.com. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
|This biographical article related to music journalism in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New York City–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|