Casillas at the 2010 Super Bowl parade in New Orleans
|Born:||June 3, 1987|
Jersey City, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||227 lb (103 kg)|
|High school:||New Brunswick (NJ)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Jonathan Casillas (born June 3, 1987) is an American football linebacker currently a free agent. He played high school football at New Brunswick High School and college football at Wisconsin. He is of Puerto Rican and African-American ancestry.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in
|4.50 s||24 reps|
|All values from NFL combine|
New Orleans Saints
Casillas was expected to take over as the Saints' starting weakside linebacker for the 2010 season. However, he suffered a foot injury during the last game of the preseason, and he was placed on the injured reserve list, ending his 2010 season.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Casillas signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on March 13, 2013. He played in 12 games before being placed on injured reserve after suffering a knee injury. On March 7, 2014, Casillas re-signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on a one-year deal.
New England Patriots
Casillas, along with a 2015 sixth-round draft pick, was traded to the New England Patriots on October 28, 2014, for the Patriots' 2015 fifth-round draft pick. On February 1, 2015, he won his second Super Bowl ring when the Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks, 28–24, in Super Bowl XLIX.
New York Giants
On March 10, 2015, Casillas signed a three-year, $10.5 million contract with the New York Giants. Signed as a special teamer, Casillas emerged as a starter for the Giants midway through the 2015 season.
In 2016, Casillas played in all 16 games with 15 starts, recording a career-high 96 tackles.
In 2017, Casillas started eight games before being placed on injured reserve on December 6, 2017 after battling wrist and neck injuries.
- "NFL Combine Results: Jonathan Casillas". NFL.com. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- Will the Saints Find Gold in the 2009 Undrafted Free Agents Class?
- "Saints Coach’s Pair of Bold Bets: One Miss, One Turning Point", New York Times, Joe LaPointe February 8, 2010.
- "New Orleans Saints' Jonathan Casillas out for the season", The Times-Picayune, September 4, 2010.
- Jonathan Casillas makes the jump from Saints to Bucs
- "Bucs place Jonathan Casillas on injured reserve", Profootballtalk.com, December 4, 2013.
- "Linebacker Jonathan Casillas signs four-year deal with Giants". nj.com. Retrieved March 11, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (March 11, 2015). "Giants sign RB Shane Vereen; announce Free Agent signings". Giants.com. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- "Giants' injury news: LB Jonathan Casillas to IR, WR Darius Powe promoted". BigBlueView.com. December 6, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonathan Casillas.|