|Toronto Blue Jays|
|Outfielder / First baseman|
|Born: February 12, 1992|
|September 8, 2016, for the Colorado Rockies|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2016 season)
|Runs batted in||2|
Jordan A. Patterson (born February 12, 1992) is an American professional baseball outfielder and first baseman in the Toronto Blue Jays organization. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Colorado Rockies.
At Baker High School in Mobile County, Alabama, Patterson played four years of baseball, football and basketball. As a senior, he had a 1.63 earned run average and hit .439 with 17 extra-base hits and eight stolen bases.
Patterson initially intended to accept a scholarship to play college baseball at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College but changed his commitment to the University of South Alabama shortly before the fall semester began. As a junior, he was the Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year.
He was drafted by the Colorado Rockies in the fourth round of the 2013 Major League Baseball draft. He made his professional debut with the Grand Junction Rockies and spent 2014 with the Asheville Tourists. Patterson started 2015 with Modesto Nuts and was promoted to the Double-A New Britain Rock Cats in July. During the final month of the season he transitioned into a first baseman. Patterson was promoted to the Major Leagues on September 6, 2016. He was designated for assignment by the Rockies on November 20, 2018.
New York Mets/Cincinnati Reds/Toronto Blue Jays
On November 26, 2018 Patterson was claimed off waivers by the New York Mets. Three days later he was claimed by the Cincinnati Reds. The next day he was non-tendered and became a free agent. On December 4, he re-signed to a minor league deal with the Reds. On March 27, 2019, Patterson was traded to the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Bean, Josh (April 16, 2010). "As a three-sport athlete, Baker's Jordan Patterson in a class all by himself". AL.com. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "15 Jordan Patterson". University of South Alabama Athletics. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- Bean, Josh (August 26, 2010). "Former Baker High standout Jordan Patterson says he'll play South Alabama Jags baseball". AL.com. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "South Alabama's Patterson, Calvi, Troy's McCain headline All-Sun Belt baseball honors". AL.com. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "Rockies take versatile slugger Patterson in Round 4". Colorado Rockies. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "South Alabama's Jordan Patterson selected by Colorado Rockies in the MLB draft". AL.com. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "Modesto Nuts". modbee. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "Former Al MVP, Justin Morneau, lending Jordan Patterson helping hand at first". Central Connecticut Communications. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Irv Moss The Denver Post (August 28, 2015). "Jordan Patterson's glove box growing". Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "Marquez, Patterson, Valaika called up".