|Municipality of Julita|
Map of Leyte with Julita highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||2nd district of Leyte|
|Barangays||26 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Percival S. Caña|
|• Vice Mayor||German J. Macaso|
|• Congressman||Lolita T. Javier|
|• Electorate||10,186 voters (2016)|
|• Total||53.30 km2 (20.58 sq mi)|
|• Density||280/km2 (730/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)53|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||53.8 million (2016)|
Julita is 47 kilometers from Tacloban, the capital city of Eastern Visayas. It is located between the municipalities of Dulag and Burauen.
The municipality of Julita was created through presidential executive order 278 under President Elpidio Quirino. Agriculture is the main industry in the area, especially rice and coconut production. About 70% of the working population is engaged in agriculture. Most live below the poverty line, and many lack basic necessities of life.
- Poblacion District I
- Poblacion District II
- Poblacion District III
- Poblacion District IV
- San Andres
- San Pablo
- Santa Cruz
- Santo Niño
- Villa Hermosa
|Population census of Julita|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority |
In the 2015 census, the population of Julita, Leyte, was 15,114 people, with a density of 280 inhabitants per square kilometre or 730 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Julita, Leyte". "https://wordsimilarity.com". Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Leyte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|