|Milwaukee Brewers – No. 41|
|Born: January 16, 1985|
San Felix, Bolivar, Venezuela
|June 12, 2015, for the Chicago White Sox|
|MLB statistics |
(through September 14, 2019)
|Earned run average||3.84|
Junior José Guerra Maurera (born January 16, 1985) is a Venezuelan professional baseball pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played for the Chicago White Sox, and was originally signed by the Atlanta Braves in 2001.
In 2001, the Atlanta Braves drafted Guerra as a catcher. After being converted to a pitcher in 2006, he was released by the Braves and signed with the New York Mets in 2008, where he gained traction but failed a PED test in 2009. In the half-decade plus from 2009-2014, Guerra played in international and independent leagues before the Chicago White Sox offered him a minor league contract in early 2015.
Chicago White Sox
Guerra was called up to the majors for the first time on June 7, 2015. He made his major league debut a few days later on June 12, and pitched in a total of three games with the White Sox.
On October 7, 2015, Guerra was claimed off waivers by the Milwaukee Brewers as the first roster move of general manager David Stearns. The Brewers chose to make him a starting pitcher rather than a reliever. A shoulder injury kept Guerra out of play in August 2016 and forced him to skip winter league baseball in the 16-17 offseason. Despite that, Guerra earned his spot in the rotation with a consistent 2016 season in the majors.
- Lesniewski, Kyle (2016-06-23). "The Ascension of Junior Guerra". Brew Crew Ball. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Haudricourt, Tom (May 2, 2016). "Milwaukee latest stop in baseball odyssey for Junior Guerra". Journal Sentinel. Archived from the original on October 17, 2018. Retrieved October 17, 2018. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "White Sox Place Dan Jennings On DL, Call Up Junior Guerra".
- "Brewers claim pitcher Junior Guerra off waivers from White Sox". Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Press, BRIAN M. BERGNER JR. Associated. "Brewers: Zach Davies, Junior Guerra look forward to new year". madison.com. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "Brewers by position: Rotation will shake out during camp". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- L, Jaymes (2017-03-18). "Milwaukee Brewers name Junior Guerra Opening Day starter". Brew Crew Ball. Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- Armas, Genaro (2017-04-03). "Rockies win in debuts of Black, Holland, beat Brewers 7-5". AP News. Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- "2018日米野球 MLBオールスターチーム コーチ・出場予定選手発表". 野球日本代表 侍ジャパン オフィシャルサイト (in Japanese). October 29, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.