This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Juranpur Satipith is one of the 51 Hindu holy places (Shakti Peetha) in India. Up to the early 19th century, this Pith was situated on the bank of the Bhagirathi River, but today the river flows about one kilometer west of the Pith. In this Pith a black stone under the banyan trees and a Shivalinga inside the temple are worshiped daily.
A big fair is organized every year in Magha Purnima where more than lakh pilgrimage assembled irrespective of caste and creed.
In this Pith, an underground room (now abandoned) previously connected to the river Bhagirathi where many saints and revolutionaries took shelter before independence. Famous personalities who took shelter in this Pith include Mohan Lal (general of nawab Sirajuddulla), Hukka Lal (younger son of Maharaja Mohan Lal), Sadhak Ramkrishna (Raja Ramkrisna Ray son of Rani Bhabani), Sri Sri Sitaram Onkarnath, Kulanand Bramchari, Taranath Tarakhapa, GangaBai (mataji) Balbant Singh, Purnanda Bramchari, Shibnath Sastri, Swami Bisuddhananda Saraswati, Tantric Triguna nath Bramchari and Birendra Giri Bramchari Maharaj, archaeologist Rakhaldas Bandyopadhyay, Raja Prithvi chand Lal of Purnea, Editor Gope Mitra Zaminder Adv Bankubehari Ghosh, Editor Yadav Rajit Singh Baranashi. All India Yadav Mahasabha President Adv Nabadwip Ghosh of Patna visited this Pith in December 1924.under the guidance of Balak Ram Ghosh of Juranpur.
This Pith is now managed by a trust after a Calcutta High Court order on 16.01.1963.
- Satipith Juranpur. Ganpith publication Kol 9. ISBN 8188163155 Swapan Moitra.
- Ekkanna Pith. Mitra&Ghosh publication. Kol 73.Purba Sengupta.
- Mahatirtha Ekkanna pithar sandhana. Sarat publication house Kol 9. Nigurananda.
- The Yadavs of India.Pandulipi. ISBN 978-9383895397. Dr Swapankumar Ghosh.
- Juranpur Kalibarir itihas. Katwa Radha Press. Shibnath Shangai Bandyopadhyay.
- Yadav Keshari. 15/C Hossain Shah Road Kolkata 23. May 2015 issue page 21 to 24. RNI Regd number13868/1957. Editor Dr MohanLal Mandal.
- Sirajer putra o bansadharder sandhana Purul Prakashania Pvt Ltd. Kol 9. Dr Amalendu Dey. ISBN 978-9382300472.
- Tarakhapa, Mataji & Netaji Subhas Chandra (Part 21) Apurba Chattapaddhya: Bartaman, 16.07.2017, Kolkata.