|City||San Jose, California|
|Broadcast area||San Francisco and Monterey Bay areas|
|Slogan||Música Con Buen Gusto|
|First air date||March 4, 1963|
|Former callsigns||KEEN-FM (1963-1967)|
|Affiliations||Uforia Audio Network|
|Owner||Univision Communications |
(Univision Radio Illinois, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KVVF, KSOL|
KBRG (100.3 MHz Amor 100.3) is a commercial FM radio station licensed to San Jose, California, with a Spanish AC radio format. The station is owned by Univision Communications. It is the oldest surviving Spanish music station in the San Francisco Bay Area, having first appeared in 1964 on 105.3 in San Francisco, originally as a classical music station (c.f. White's Radio log, 1964 & 1965 editions, San Francisco Examiner radio log),. It moved to 104.9 (formerly the Spanish station KDOS) in December 1983, and then to 100.3 (formerly KBAY) in a three-station swap on December 31, 1997. 104.9 became KUFX, and later KCNL and KXSC. Its studios are located at 1940 Zanker Road in San Jose, and the transmitter is on Loma Prieta Peak on the Santa Clara/Santa Cruz County line.
From 1968 through 1971, KBRG broadcast Oakland Athletics games, with Victor Manuel Torres at the mike.
In 1992, EXCL Communications purchased KBRG (presumably it was independently owned before then). Sometime between 1992 and 1997, KBRG became one of EXCL's Radio Romántica stations, and it kept that format after EXCL was acquired by Entravision in 2000. On January 1, 2006, Univision purchased KBRG from Entravision and switched it to Spanish Adult Hits under the name Recuerdo 100.3.
On February 6, 2018, Univision dropped the "Más Variedad" Spanish Adult Hits format and switched it to Spanish AC as Amor 100.3. Although the music and radio shows are syndicated and heard from KLQV in San Diego and KOMR in Phoenix simultaneously, which also carries the Amor format.
- HD1 Amor 100.3
- HD2 Radio Informativa 98.9/100.3
- Univision moves Bay Area studio to San Jose Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved on August 19, 2017.
- Univision 14 will move SF headquarters to San Jose Media Moves. Retrieved on August 19, 2017
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2016-09-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) HD Radio Guide for San Francisco
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KBRG
- Radio-Locator information on KBRG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KBRG