|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Broadcast area||Las Vegas area|
|Frequency||89.7 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1973|
|Format||Classical music (Public Radio)|
|Affiliations||American Public Media, National Public Radio, Public Radio International|
|Owner||Nevada Public Radio|
KCNV (89.7 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a Classical music and Public Radio format. Licensed to Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, the station serves the Las Vegas area. The station is currently owned by Nevada Public Radio and features programming from American Public Media, National Public Radio and Public Radio International. The station is also broadcast on HD radio.
The broadcast schedule consists of playlists of various classical recordings, as well as nationally syndicated broadcasts, including those from the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the New York Philharmonic. On the weekends, the NPR program From the Top, showcasing young classical musicians, is heard on Classical 89.7, as well as other syndicated programs heard on many classical music stations around the country, such as Pipedreams (showcasing organ music) and Sunday Baroque, which originates from WSHU-FM in Fairfield, Connecticut, and features music composed in and around the Baroque Era.
In addition to the main station, KCNV is relayed by an additional three translators to widen its broadcast area.
|City of license||ERP
|K207CY||89.3||Round Mountain, Nevada||9||D||FCC|
|K201BF||88.1||Scotty's Junction, Nevada||110||D||FCC|
- "FM Query Results, KCNV". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- "KCNV Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "HD Radio Station Guide". HD Radio. iBiquity.
- "FM Query Results". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KCNV
- Radio-Locator information on KCNV
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KCNV
|This article about a radio station in Nevada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|