|City||KHKK: Modesto, California|
KDJK: Mariposa, California
|Broadcast area||Stockton, Modesto, and Merced|
|Branding||104.1 The Hawk|
|Slogan||The Valley's Classic Rock|
|Frequency||KHKK: 104.1 MHz|
KDJK: 103.9 MHz
|First air date||KHKK: 1949 (as KTRB-FM)|
KDJK: 1992 (as KHOV)
|ERP||KHKK: 50,000 watts|
KDJK: 71 watts
|HAAT||KHKK: 152 meters|
KDJK: 624 meters
|Facility ID||KHKK: 11240|
|Callsign meaning||KHKK: The HawK|
KDJK: is a play on its former sister station's name, KKDJ
KHRA (1989-1992, CP)
|Owner||Cumulus Media |
(Radio License Holding CBC, LLC)
|Sister stations||KATM-FM, KESP, KHOP, KJOY, KWIN/KWNN|
KHKK is the call sign of The Hawk, a radio station licensed to Modesto, California with studios located in Stockton, California. The Hawk's frequency is 104.1 FM. The Hawk is dedicated to classic rock music, and their slogan is "Bob and Tom in the morning, and classic rock all day." Its studios are in Stockton, and its transmitter for KHKK is located south of Tracy, California, while the one for KDJK is in Mariposa, California.
The KHKK license has its roots in KTRB-FM, the sister station to KTRB radio. In 1974, it relaunched as KHOP. KHOP had a Contemporary Hits station during the 1980s but switched to Album Oriented Rock on November 2, 1992 and was known as Rock 104. On April 23, 1996, Rock 104 moved to its new frequency at 95.1 FM and after a few days of an All Elvis music stunt, switched formats on April 29, 1996 to classic hits and changed its call sign to KROW, Arrow 104.1 "All Rock & Roll Oldies". On August 5, 1996, KROW became KHKK "The Hawk", retaining the classic hits format. On December 1, 2000, The Hawk moved to a harder-edged classic rock sound, while The Bob & Tom Show moved over from its sister station at 95.1 FM. Richard Perry is the Hawk's Program Director, and serves as disc jockey from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. He was formerly employed at the legendary, original KDJK-95.1 as production director as well as co-host with Beaver Brown on the morning show.
Other D.J.s include: Randy Maranz Quinn Jeff Adams Tamara
All have a long history in Modesto Radio.
KDJK simulcasts this station on FM frequency 103.9 MHz, serving Mariposa, California.
- The Bob & Tom Show - Weekday Mornings
- Classic Rock Request Lunch" - an hour of requests at noon
- Get The Led Out" - a long set of Led Zeppelin at 7pm every night
- Classic Rock Block Party Weekend - All weekend long, beginning from 6PM on Fridays until 12AM on Mondays. Three songs in a row by a random classic rock act at the top of each hour.
- Twofer Tuesday - back-to-back songs from each artist.
- Steve Gorman Rock" - the Ex- Black Crowes Drummer hosts a show weekday nights
- Sammy Hagar's Top Rock Countdown - Saturday Nights at 10pm
- Oakland Raiders Football - During the NFL regular season, the Hawk is one of the 20 stations that broadcast Oakland Raiders games.
- The Hawk website
- The Bob & Tom Show
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KHKK
- Radio-Locator information on KHKK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KHKK
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KDJK
- Radio-Locator information on KDJK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KDJK