|Broadcast area||Lafayette metropolitan area|
|Branding||Classic Rock 105.1|
|Slogan||Acadiana's Classic Rock|
|First air date||March 15, 1993 (as KROF-FM)|
|HAAT||89 meters (292 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KROF-FM (1979-1980, CP)|
KASC (1980-1986, CP)
(The Fort Collins/Lafayette Divestiture Trust)
|Sister stations||KHXT, KMDL, KPEL, KPEL-FM, KROF, KTDY|
KFTE (105.1 FM, "Classic Rock 105.1") is a commercial radio station in Abbeville, Louisiana, broadcasting to the Lafayette, Louisiana, area. KFTE airs a classic rock music format, and is owned by Townsquare Media. Its studios are located on Bertrand Road in Lafayette, and its transmitter is located north of Abbeville, Louisiana.
In 1994, Schilling Distributing Co., a beer distributor, bought the station from Mid-Acadiana Broadcasting. Previously, it was the last alternative rock station under Townsquare Media ownership since Townsquare Media is withdrawing alternative rock stations from ownership. For example, some Townsquare Media stations dumped the format entirely such as WGRD-FM in Grand Rapids, Michigan. In 2012, KFTE shifted to Mainstream Rock.
On January 19, 2017, KFTE changed their format to classic rock, branded as "Classic Rock 105.1".
- "Lafayette firm buys 2 Breaux Bridge stations". The Advocate. Baton Rouge, Louisiana. May 3, 1994. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- KFTE Adds Walton and Johnson and Flips to Classic Rock Radioinsight - January 20, 2017
- KFTE official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KFTE
- Radio-Locator information on KFTE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KFTE
|This article about a radio station in Louisiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|