This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Branding||News Talk 1330/98.7 KNSS|
|First air date||1922|
|Former callsigns||WEAH (1922–1926)|
|Former frequencies||1120 kHz (1927)|
1220 kHz (1927–1928)
1300 kHz (1928–1941)
|Owner||Entercom Communications |
(Entercom License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KDGS, KEYN-FM, KFBZ, KFH, KNSS-FM|
The station's studios were originally located at North Woodlawn and East 21st in Northeast Wichita, while the transmitter is located a mile southeast of the studios. On May 20, 2015, the studios moved to the Ruffin Building at 9111 East Douglas, formerly the Pizza Hut headquarters.
KNSS began simulcasting on KNSS-FM (98.7 FM) on October 12, 2016. Prior to then, the 98.7 frequency was KFH-FM, a simulcast of KFH.
It's weekday talk line-up consists of the local Steve & Ted in The Morning from 6-9AM followed by the syndicated Herman Cain Show from 9-11AM. KNSS is Wichita's station for the syndicated Rush Limbaugh Show from 11AM-2PM weekdays followed by Sean Hannity from 2-5PM, Mark Levin from 5-8PM & John Batchelor from 8PM-Midnight. KNSS is also Wichita's home for Coast to Coast AM from Midnight-5 AM.
- "FCC History Cards for KNSS".
- Rengers, Carrie (2014-06-23). "Entercom Radio to move to Ruffin Building". The Wichita Eagle. Archived from the original on 2014-10-19.
- "Which Wichita radio stations are moving spots on the dial?". The Wichita Eagle. October 7, 2016. Retrieved October 15, 2016.
- KNSS official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KNSS
- Radio-Locator Information on KNSS
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KNSS
|This article about a radio station in Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|