|City||Port Arthur, Texas|
|Frequency||AM 1340 kHz|
|First air date||1947|
|Owner||Birach Broadcasting Corporation|
KOLE 1340 AM is a radio station licensed to Port Arthur, Texas. The station airs brokered programming and is owned by Birach Broadcasting Corporation. The station was sold in 2015 to OnPointMedia and resumed broadcasting soon thereafter with a mix of soul and gospel music.
KOLE received its license in 1947. It was owned by the Port Arthur Broadcasting Company and broadcast with 250 watts. Radio Southwest, Inc. bought the station in 1959; Gulf States Broadcasting Company took control in 1972, selling five years later to Northstar Broadcasting. KOLE began broadcasting during the day with 1,000 watts in 1971 and later upgraded its nighttime power to match.
- KOLE fcc.gov. Accessed December 19, 2013
- "FCC Reports Fewer Radio Stations Silent From Harvey". InsideRadio. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- KOLE's official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KOLE
- Radio-Locator Information on KOLE
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KOLE
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|