Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education
|Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Engineering (AKCE) (1984-2006)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Nagaraj R|
|Campus||Suburban, 320 acres|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AICTE, NBA|
Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education (KARE), formerly Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Engineering and Kalasalingam University, is an institute deemed to be university located in Krishnankoil near Madurai in Tamil Nadu, India. The campus is close to the ancient temple town of Srivilliputhur. The tower of the Srivilliputhur temple is used in the emblem of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education was established in 1984 by the Kalasalingam Anandam Ammal Charities. "Kalvivallal" Thiru T. Kalasalingam, veteran freedom fighter, was the founder chairman. It was granted deemed to be university status in 2006. In November 2017, following a directive by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to drop the "University" from the name it was renamed Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education.
Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education is situated at Krishnankoil, 65 kilometres south of Madurai and 10 kilometres north of Srivilliputhur, in Madurai-Shenkottah National Highway (NH208). The location is at the foothills of the Western Ghats in a rural setting of Virudhunagar District.
The Deemed to be university offers Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) and Master of Technology (M.TECH.) degrees in the following fields:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
There is different approaches of getting admitted into undergraduate , postgraduate and research program of Kalasalingam university.
Central and departmental libraries
- Extensive collection of academic volumes and titles
- Popular periodicals
- National and international journals
- Supplementary digital resources (CD-ROMs and audio cassette equivalent)
The Deemed to be University sporting facilities include an athletic track, basketball courts, tennis courts and a football ground. The campus is WiFi enabled and available with a SunFire 4800 enterprise server, a SunFire T1000 server, six IBM Blade servers, four Wipro rack servers, six desktop servers (from HP and HCL), and nine TB of storage for the computing and storage needs of the faculty and students. The central server farm includes file servers, a database server, a mail server, a web server, a backup server, a proxy server, and an e-learning server.
The academic year is divided into two semesters named as Even and Odd. Each semester has three internal exams and one final exam (semester exam) for all theory subjects. Generally, semester exam questions are from Anna University. Laboratory courses usually have two internal exams followed by the final exam. Most of the exams are theoretical, similar to other engineering colleges in India. It follows the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS), which is followed by leading universities around the world including Indian Institutes of Technologies (IITs).
|Engineering – India|
- "Deemed University Tamil Nadu". University Grants Commission (India). Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education – About us". kalasalingam.ac.in. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Don't use 'university' in institute names, UGC directs deemed-to-be varsities". The Indian Express. 15 November 2017. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education Admission". CollegeSearch.in.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- Cite error: The named reference
Rankings_NIRF_E_2019was invoked but never defined (see the help page).