|Owner||Government of Uttar Pradesh|
|Locale||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Number of lines||3 (planned)|
|Daily ridership||35,000 (Estd.)|
|Train length||4 coaches|
|Electrification||750 V DC|
|Average speed||31 km/h (19 mph)|
|Top speed||80 km/h (50 mph)|
There are three lines proposed in phase I are as follows:
- From Panki Sector 18 to Shuklaganj via Govind Puri - Jarib Chauki - Central - Ghantaghar 8 Point - Shuklaganj. Length of this line would be 24.5 km
- From Chobepur to Maharajpur via IIT Kanpur - Kalyanpur - Rawatpur - Kanpur Anwarganj - Kanpur Central. Length of this line would be 28.5 km
- From Kanpur Zoo to Kanpur Cantonment via Old Kanpur - Civil Lines - Wazid Pur. Length of this line would be 16.0 km
Total length of Phase I would be 63.0 km.
Other lines which are being proposed in addition to Phase I are:
- From Daheli Sujanpur to Govind Nagar.
- From J K Temple to Kidwai Nagar via Kamla Club - Govindpuri.
- From Gangotri Township to Sahara City via Green Park Stadium - Rave 3 - Old Kanpur - New Kanpur City
Feasibility study has been completed for Phase I corridors. Work likely to start after 2016.
- "Monorail News Briefs". Monorails.org. Archived from the original on 13 June 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- Sujay Mehdudia (21 January 2010). "The Hindu : Cities / Kanpur : Kanpur likely to get monorail". Chennai, India: Beta.thehindu.com. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- Megha Suri, TNN, 21 February 2008, 07:56pm IST (21 February 2008). "Monorail to hit Kanpur streets by 2010 - Kanpur - City - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 11 August 2010.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
|This rapid transit-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|