Kanpur Nagar district
This article possibly contains original research. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kanpur Nagar district
Location of Kanpur Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh
|Tehsils||Kanpur Sadar, Bilhaur, Ghatampur,Narval|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||1. Kanpur (Lok Sabha constituency)- Kidwai Nagar, Cantt., Sishamau, Arya Nagar, Govindnagar
2. Misrikh (Lok Sabha constituency)- Bilhaur3. Akbarpur (Lok Sabha constituency)- Ghatampur, Kalyanpur, Maharajpur, Bithoor
|• Vidhan Sabha constituencies||1. Sishamau|
2. Arya Nagar
3. Kidwai Nagar
4. Govind Nagar
5. Kanpur Cantonment
|• Total||3,155 km2 (1,218 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|Major highways||NH 2|
Kanpur district (Kanpur Nagar district), meaning Urban Kanpur District is one of the districts of the Uttar Pradesh state of India. It is a part of Kanpur division and its district headquarters is Kanpur.
- Kavi Bhushan an Indian poet in the courts of the Bundeli king Chhatrasal and the Maratha king Shivaji. Bhushan resided in the Tikwapur village in Ghatampur tehsil of Kanpur district, Uttar Pradesh.
According to the 2011 census Kanpur district has a population of 6,377,452, roughly equal to the nation of Costa Rica or the US state of Louisiana. This gives it a ranking of 32nd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,449 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,750/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 9.72%. Kanpur Nagar has a sex ratio of 852 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 81.31%.
|Rank||Metropolitan Area||Area (km sq.)||2011/2001 (Provisional figures)||Coverage|
|1||Kanpur||450||2,920,067||Includes Kanpur Cantonment and Chakeri|
|4||Northern Railway Colony||15||29,708|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kanpur district.|
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Decadal Variation In Population Since 1901
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Costa Rica 4,576,562 July 2011 est
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 23 August 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- 2011 Census of India, Population By Mother Tongue
|This Kanpur district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|