Katherine Jane Pickett
1974 (age 44–45)
|Residence||Orange, New South Wales|
|Awards||Winner, MasterChef Australia|
Bracks, mother of three children, was previously a school teacher. She lives in Orange, New South Wales, and attends Orange Evangelical Church. While on the show, Bracks refused to call the Dalai Lama "Your Holiness", saying that "My belief is that God is the only one that is perfectly holy." Her stance attracted media attention in India.
- Byrnes, Holly (8 August 2011). "Kate Bracks of Orange in NSW wins MasterChef in 2011". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- Kate Bracks, MasterChef profile.
- Prisk, Tracey (11 May 2011). "Kate's in the master mix". Central Western Daily. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- Byrnes, Holly (15 July 2011). "A Dalai Lama dilemma for MasterChef contestant Kate". Herald Sun. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Dalai Lama 'not holy enough' for Oz MasterChef contestant". indianexpress.com. 15 July 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
| MasterChef Australia