Kaushambi metro station
|Delhi Metro station|
|Location||Kaushambi, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh 201010|
|Owned by||Delhi Metro|
Platform-1 → Vaishali|
Platform-2 →Dwarka Sector 21
|Opened||14 July 2011|
|Electrified||25 kV 50 Hz AC through overhead catenary|
|Passengers (Jan 2015)||19,412/day |
601,780/ Month average
Kaushambi is an elevated metro station located on the branch line of the Blue Line of the Delhi Metro in Delhi. Built as part of a 2.57 km extension from Anand Vihar station, it was originally expected to open in March 2011. After multiple delays, the station finally opened on 14 July 2011, with 200 parking spaces to cater to commuters in the vicinity.
|L1||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, Metro Card vending machines, crossover|
|L2||Side platform No- 1, doors will open on the left|
|Westbound||→Towards ←Dwarka Sector 21|
|Side platform No- 2, doors will open on the left|
- RBL Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Punjab National Bank
An F&B counter operated by IRCTC is situated in the station premises.
The station is considered among the commercially well utilized metro stations. With the ground area below the station strategically used by popular MNC food outlets and fine dining restaurants such as Domino's, McDonald's, Mr.Brown Bakery, Sree Rathnam & Maini's Green Leaf, perks up a refreshing delight for the travelers and food lovers alike.
- List of Delhi Metro stations
- Transport in Delhi
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Delhi Suburban Railway
- List of rapid transit systems in India
- Lalmani Verma (10 February 2010). "Metro's date with Ghaziabad delayed: now it's March 2011". The Indian Express.
- Peeyush Khandelwal (13 June 2011). "Ghaziabad corridor to be Inaugurated on July 9". Hindustan Times.
- "Anand Vihar - Vaishali Section To Open For Passenger Services From 14th July 2011" (Press release). DMRC. 13 July 2011.
- "Vaishali Metro to kick off on July 14 minus Maya". Times of India. 13 July 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi Metro.|
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (Official site)
- Delhi Metro Annual Reports
- "Station Information". Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC). Archived from the original on 19 June 2010.
- UrbanRail.Net – descriptions of all metro systems in the world, each with a schematic map showing all stations.
|This article related to the Delhi Metro is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|