The historic Kendalia Community Church
|Elevation||1,384 ft (422 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1339027|
Kendalia lies at the intersection of RM 473 and FM 3351 northeast of the city of Boerne, the county seat of Kendall County. Its elevation is 1,384 feet (422 m). Although Kendalia is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 78027; the ZCTA for ZIP Code 78027 had a population of 459 at the 2010 census. The community is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Likely named for early nearby settler George Wilkins Kendall, the community was surveyed in 1883, although a post office was not established until 1895. The local economy has long been dependent primarily on ranching, although many residents today work in cities such as Blanco or San Antonio.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kendalia, Texas. Retrieved on May 12, 2017.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, pp. 100-101.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kendalia, Texas
- Zip Code Lookup
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Kendalia, Texas, Handbook of Texas Online, 2008-01-17. Accessed 2008-09-26.
|This article about a location in Kendall County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|