Kendriya Vidyalaya, Kollam
|Kendriya Vidyalaya, Kollam|
Near UIT Kollam Centre, Mulamkadakam
|Motto||Tatvam Pooshan Apaavrunu|
|Opened||6 August 2007|
|School district||Kollam district|
|Principal||SHRIKUMAR M N|
|Grades||1 to 12|
|Enrollment||686 (as of 2012)|
|Affiliations||CBSE No. 900030|
|Website||Kendriya Vidyalaya Kollam|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Kollam (Malayalam: കേന്ദ്രീയ വിദ്യാലയ, കൊല്ലം) or KV Kollam is a central government owned Kendriya Vidyalaya school in Kollam city. The school is located at Mulamkadakam in the city, close to University Institute of Technology(UIT) Kollam Centre of Kerala University. The school has set up in the year 2007. KV Kollam was officially inaugurated on 6 August 2007 by P. Rajendran, the then MP of Kollam. Now the school is functioning in a temporary building provided by the City corporation of Kollam.
KV kollam was started in the year 2007 as per the sanction accorded by the Govt. of India in special focus district which have no Kendriya Vidyalaya. In 2010, Kollam city Corporation has acquired four acres of private land at Ramankulangara in the city at a cost of Rs.1.35 crore for the school to have its own complex. In 2015, a new Kendriya Vidyalaya has been allotted for the district of Kollam at Kottarakara.
The nearest major transport hubs:
- Nearest Bus Stations: Kollam KSRTC Bus Station (2.9 km), Andamukkam City Bus Stand (3.8 km) and Tangasseri Bus Terminal (2.5 km)
- Nearest Railway Station: Kollam Junction (4.1 km)
- Nearest Sea Port: Kollam Port (2.9 km)
- Nearest Airport: Kollam Helipad (Old Airport) (3 km) and Trivandrum International Airport (69.6 km)
- Class rooms
- Computer Lab
- Jr. Science Lab
- Staff Common Room
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kollam
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Kollam
- List of Kendriya Vidyalayas
- "KV Kollam". Kendriya Vidyalaya Kollam - Official Website. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Kollam KV faces uncertainty". The Hindu. 22 February 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "New Development Projects for Kollam Announced". The New Indian Express. 12 May 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2016.