|Founded||30 November 2009|
|David Franks (CEO)|
|Products||Bus & tram operator|
Downer Rail (49%)
Hornibrook Bus Lines
Keolis Downer is a joint venture between Keolis, the largest private sector French transport group, and Downer Rail, an Australian railway engineering company, that operates bus and tram services in Australia.
In June 2009, the Victorian government awarded to Keolis Downer the franchise to operate the Melbourne tram network in Melbourne, Australia. for eight years commencing on 30 November 2009. In September 2017, having substantially met performance criteria, the franchise was extended until 30 November 2024. KDR continues to operate the Melbourne tram network under the Yarra Trams name, that had been used by the previous operator TransdevTSL.
On 21 July 2014, Keolis Downer commenced operating the G:link tram operation on the Gold Coast. In March 2015, Keolis Downer purchased bus operator Australian Transit Enterprises which operated the Hornibrook Bus Lines, Link SA, Path Transit and SouthLink operations with 930 buses.
- Hornibrook Bus Lines
- Newcastle Transport
- Path Transit
- Yarra Trams
- Melbourne tram and train operators selected Railway Gazette International 25 June 2009
- "Melbourne operators selected" Railway Gazette International August 2009 page 12
- Cooper, Mex (25 June 2009). "New train, tram operators for Melbourne". The Age. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Keolis Downer retains contract to operate world's largest tram network Metro Report International 12 September 2017
- New train, tram operators for Melbourne The Age 25 June 2009
- KDR starts as new Yarra Trams operator Downer Group 30 November 2009
- Keolis Australia Keolis
- The Consortium G:link
- Operator ATE Sold Australasian Bus & Coach 11 March 2015
- Keolis Downer awarded contract to run light rail, buses and ferries says Baird government Newcastle Herald 12 December 2016
- It's a date - free community open day for Newcastle Light Rail on 17 February Transport for NSW 31 January 2019
- Light rail in Newcastle opening from Monday 18 February Transport for NSW 3 February 2019
- Public Transport Victoria announces shortlist for Melbourne metropolitan bus franchise Public Transport Victoria 24 August 2012
- First Group named in Melbourne’s final five Australasian Bus & Coach 27 August 2012
- Tender out to deliver and operate Sydney's Light Rail Network Archived 2014-03-13 at the Wayback Machine Transport New South Wales 7 March 2014
- Three shortlisted for Sydney light rail PPP International Railway Journal 20 February 2014
- Bidders line up for Canberra LRT tender International Railway Journal 24 December 2014