Kew railway station (England)
|Number of platforms||2|
|Original company||North and South Western Junction Railway|
|Pre-grouping||North and South Western Junction Railway|
|1 August 1853||Opened|
|1 February 1862||Closed|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
Kew railway station was opened by the North and South Western Junction Railway in 1853 in Brentford in west London on the western curve of the Kew triangle. It closed in 1862 after the railway had in 1862 opened its Kew Bridge platforms (closed since 1940) on the eastern curve and which were connected to the LSWR Kew Bridge station, itself on the southern chord.
Although Kew and Kew Bridge are applied to structures on the north bank of the Thames Kew does not extend across the river.
West London Orbital proposal which would see reinstatement of the Dudding Hill Line and new stations built at Harlesden and Neasden, a new passenger service will run from Hounslow to Hendon and West Hampstead Thameslink and a new station could be built at Lionel Road as Proposed which would be close to the former site of Kew station.  The feasibility study stated was a good business case for a station but noted that the station is not required in order to open the line.
- Forgotten Stations of Greater London by J.E.Connor and B.Halford (page 54)
- London Railway Atlas 5th Edition by Joe Brown p.37
- West London Orbital p.16
- http://findmapplaces.com/14798405_Old+Kew+Station (which is in Russian) has a photograph of "Old Kew Station" and a location overlaid on a modern map.
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|