Key to the Missing
|Key to the Missing|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||July 4, 1948 –|
September 23, 1949
Key to the Missing was a TV series which aired on Fridays at 7pm EST on the DuMont Television Network from 4 July 1948 to 23 September 1949. Each 30-minute episode was hosted by Archdale Jones (1901-1983).
The series interviewed people looking for long-lost friends and relatives. The series was typical of TV programming of the time, when the major TV networks were trying out various untested concepts and ideas. Although short-lived, the basic concept has been re-used many times since, usually by independent TV stations and small TV networks.
Where Are They Now, the radio program on which the series was based claimed a 68 percent success rate.
As with most DuMont series, no episodes are known to survive.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1948-49 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a non-fiction television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|