Part of a series on the
|History of Texas|
Kicaster is an unincorporated community in northwestern Wilson County, Texas, United States. It lies along Farm to Market Road 3432 twelve miles northwest of Floresville. The community was founded near the Kicaster Creek soon after the Civil War. A one-room school was in operation by 1896 with an enrollment of forty-nine students. By the 1930s Kicaster had a school a church, a graveyard and a number of houses. Several stores were located in the small community. After World War II the school was closed, and by the early 1980s only a cemetery, a small store called Kicaster Corner and a few scattered dwellings remained.
- "Texas Centennial, History of Wilson County, Wilson County Centennial Committee.
- "The Good Old Days: a history of LaVernia" by the Civic Government class of LaVernia High School, 1936-1937 school year."
- "Wilson County Centennial 1860-1960" By the Wilson county library, Centennial program handed out at The 100yr centennial celebration."
- Handbook of Texas Online: Kicaster Creek
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kicaster Creek
- Kicaster Community
|This article about a location in Wilson County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|