Number of locations
|Revenue||3,450 million NOK (2015)|
Number of employees
Kiwi is a Scandinavian supermarket chain that has 650 retail outlets in Norway, and 102 in Denmark. The stores stock 3,700 articles contained within 300–1,000 square meters of sales area. Kiwi has about 8000 employees. In addition to premium brands it also carries the private label First Price. In Denmark, Kiwi is a joint venture between NorgesGruppen and Dagrofa.
In Denmark Kiwi primarily operates in Jutland and Funen. It has only two stores in other locations. In June 2010 it opened its first store in the capital region. It is located in the Østerbro region of Copenhagen.
Kiwi was owned and operated by Norwegian businessman Per-Erik Burud, who in July 2011 died in a boating accident. After Burud's death, Jan Paul Bjørkøy was constituted as new leader of the chain. Especially conspicuous is their corporate-color which is green. The company is a participant in the Nøkkellhullsmerket ("keyhole mark") program. This is an initiative backed by health and nutrition institutions throughout Sweden, Denmark, and Norway, which aims to mark certain food items as healthy.
- "Kiwi-sjefen antas omkommet" (in Norwegian). Verdens Gang. 13 July 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- Brustad, Line; Tuva Bønke Grønning; Linn Kongsli Lundervold (22 July 2011). "Død mann identifisert som Per-Erik Burud". Dagbladet (in Norwegian). Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- KIWI Norge AS. "Kjapt, trygt og billig | KIWI". Kiwi.no. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-15. Retrieved 2011-10-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Discountkæden KIWI lukker i Danmark" [The discount chain KIWI closes in Denmark] (PDF) (Press release) (in Danish). 2017-04-28. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Norwegian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Danish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|