|Birth name||Yaakov Marimi|
|Born||October 8, 1991|
Ramat Gan, Israel
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Actor, Someone|
Yaakov (Kobi) Marimi was born and raised in Ramat Gan, Israel, to a Mizrahi Jewish family of Iraqi-Jewish descent. He served as a soldier in the Israel Defense Forces at the Adjutant Corps. He studied in the Nissan Nativ Acting Studio . Marimi resides in Tel Aviv. He has worked as a pub host and movie theater cashier.
Singing and acting career
During his studies he appeared in the plays The Caucasian Chalk Circle, The Comic Illusion and Prayer. After graduating from Nissan Nativ he performed in Every Living Thing Needs, Chambaloo's Treasure and performed the role of Natan in Messiah Now for which he won the Promising Actor Award at the 2017 Musical Celebrations in Bat Yam. This was his Israeli Opera debut.Marimi won the award for the most promising actor in Israel's Musical Theatre Festival.
Marimi won the sixth season of HaKokhav HaBa. This earned him the right to represent his country in the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 on home soil.Marimi represented Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 with the song,"Home", and came 23rd out of a total of 41 with 35 points.
In June 2019, Kobi Marimi started performing as Earnest in the production of Spring Awakening at the Israeli National Theater, "Habima".
In September 2019 he released his debut single, Yalla Bye.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
- "Israel's 2019 Eurovision contestant: Kobi Marimi – Israel News – Jerusalem Post". The Jerusalem Post. February 12, 2019.
- "Kobi Marimi to represent Israel in 2019 Eurovision Song Contest". Arutz Sheva. February 12, 2019.
- "Kobi Marimi will represent Host Country Israel!". Eurovision Song Contest. February 12, 2019.
- "Marimi Kobi, actor". israel-opera.co.il. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- "Kobi Marimi crowned 'Rising Star' and will represent Israel at Eurovision". The Times of Israel. February 12, 2019.
- "Media Forest: 20 (12-05-19 19-05-19)". Media Forest. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
|Awards and achievements|
| HaKokhav HaBa winner
| Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest