This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Puthukavu Devi Temple
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kodakara is a town in Thrissur district of Kerala state in South India. It is located on National Highway (NH 544) 20 km south of Thrissur town and about 10 km north of Chalakudy. Administratively, Kodakara comes under Kodakara Panchayat and Chalakudy Taluk. It is transforming into an Industrial town housing many employees of the Apollo Tyres factory at Perambra -Thrissur to the south of town.
Kodakara has a number of Schools:
- Government Higher Secondary school, Kodakara
- Government Model Boys HSS Kodakara
- St. Donbosco GHS Kodkara
- Saraswathy Vidhyanikethan Central School, Kodakara
Kodakara has a number of Higher Education Institutions:
- Sahrdaya College of Engineering & Technology
- Sahrdaya Institute of Management Studies
- Sahrdaya College of Advanced Studies - arts and science college under University of Calicut situated in Pulipparakunnu. Institute is managed by Irinjalakuda Diocesan Educational Trust.
Areswaram Temple is also located very near to Kodakara Panchayat. There is a narrow opening in the rocks near this temple. One has to go squeezing one's body between the rocks and reach the broad end. This process is called Punarjani or Rebirth, which means one's sins are cleared.
Thiriuthoor temple is also a famous Krishna temple located in Kodakara
Kandamkulangara Temple is a very old temple which witnessed Tippu Sultan's adventures into Kerala. It is believed that this temple was plundered by Tippu and administrators of this temple hid treasures underneath in and around Temple. This temple is also located in Kodakara in Vallappady Desam.
St Joseph church is a forane church located at Kodakara with 16 nearby parishes coming under it. The feast of St. Joseph is celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year. THe feast of St. Sebastian is celebrated on the third sunday of January.
Perambra Church is the oldest Church located in Kodakara revenue village.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Kerala. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kodakara.|