Konya Ethnography Museum
Konya Etnografya Müzesi
|Established||6 December 1975|
|Location||Sahip Ata St., Konya, Turkey|
The museum is on Sahip Ata Street. It is a two-story building with a basement. The basement is reserved for the offices and the photoshop. The conference room is in the ground floor. The museum was established on 6 December 1975.
The exhibited items are:
- Historical carpets: Some of more notable carpets are those from Eşrefoğlu Mosque dated to 13th and 15th centuries.
- Women’s traditional wear such as bindallı, salta, cepken and kaftan etc.
- Ornaments such as embroidery, bracelet and neckband etc.
- Ottoman writing tools
- Examples of early Konya newspapers,
- Metallic keys and locks,
- Copper, bronze, glass and porcelain kitchen tools,
- Silver and bronze candelabras,
- Coffee tools,
- Hand written books.
The personal ethnographic collections of Refet Yardımcı and Kenan Özbel are also on display in the museum.
- "Konya Etnografya Müzesi Nerede Haritası Sahibiata Mh. Meram Konya (map page)". haritamap.com. Retrieved 2017-08-27.
- "Konya Etnografya Müzesi - Müze". muze.gov.tr. Retrieved 2017-08-27.
- ".:: İslâm Ansiklopedisi ::. | Islam Encyclopaedia art:Konya Etnografya Müzesi". islamansiklopedisi.info. Retrieved 2017-08-27.
- "KONYA ETNOĞRAFYA MÜZESİ | Kültür Portalı". kulturportali.gov.tr. Retrieved 2017-08-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Konya Ethnographical Museum.|