This article does not cite any sources. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kosapet (Tamil: குயபெட்டை) is a suburb of Chennai. The name is a corruption of Kuyavar Pettai ("Potter's Locality"), and originated due to the concentration of potters and artisans in this area. The area is Ward 98 (Zone 7) of Chennai Corporation.
Kosapet is situated near Purasawalkam. Kuyavar Pettai is the original name. The locality is popular for many events and festival celebrations which is unique in every street. Kandasami temple which is one of the oldest temples in this area is famous for its festivals such as bramha utsav, kandasasti and other celebrations. There is a tank which belongs to the temple; it helps to keep the ground water level intact.
- Sri Aathi Mottai Amman Jathirai
- Arulmigu Kandhaswamy Kovil vaigasi bramorchavam
- Sri Sakthi Devi Vellathaman Jathirai
- Sri Vaembu Aathi Muthumari Amman Aadi Thiruvizha (Chinna Thambi St)
- Sri Aathi Padavattamman Vilaku Poojai (31 Dec)