|Executive Director, Utah Governor's Office of Management and Budget|
Kristen Cox (born Kristen Eyring in 1969, Bellevue, Washington) is an American politician, speaker and author. She currently serves as the executive director of the Utah Governor's Office of Management and Budget.
Early life, education and family
Cox is the executive director of the Utah Governor’s Office of Management and Budget (GOMB). Appointed to the position by Gov. Herbert in 2012. Under Cox’s leadership, Utah improved government performance by more than 27 percent by January 2017, exceeding the 25 percent goal set by the Governor.
Prior to her time at GOMB, Cox served as the executive director of the Department of Workforce Services (DWS). Cox has previously worked as the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Disabilities, was appointed to a position with the Department of Education by President George W. Bush and held numerous positions with the National Federation of the Blind. She ran as the Republican candidate for lieutenant governor of Maryland during the 2006 general election.
Author - Stop Decorating the Fish
Cox is the coauthor of Stop Decorating the Fish (with Yishai Ashlag), a business fable illuminating how leaders often spend significant time and resources on solutions that only give the illusion of progress, but don't actually solve the root problem. The book is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle. All proceeds from the book benefit the National Federation of the Blind.
- Governing Magazine’s Public Officials of the Year
- Utah Community Foundation as an Enlightened 50 (2016)
- Utah Business Magazine as one of the 30 Women to Watch (2012)
- Days of 47's Pioneers of Progress Award for Business and Enterprise (2012)
- "Governor's Staff - Governor Gary Herbert". www.utah.gov.
- "Sandy mother who lost sight as a child has unique vision on life". DeseretNews.com. 2015-05-12. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- "Herbert revamps his budget office". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- "Blind ex-Utahn on ballot". DeseretNews.com. 2006-07-08. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- "Kristen Cox, Utah Office of Management and Budget". www.governing.com. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- "Community Foundation of Utah - E-50". Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- DaysOf47 (2012-07-19), Kristen Cox 2012 Business & Enterprise Award, retrieved 2018-07-10