|Birth name||Kristian Konstantinov Kostov|
|Born||March 15, 2000|
|Labels||Virginia Records Universal Music|
Kristian Konstantinov Kostov (Bulgarian: Кристиан Константинов Костов, Russian: Кристиа́н Константи́нов Ко́стов; born 15 March 2000) is a Bulgarian-Russian singer. He was a finalist in season one of The Voice Kids Russia and a runner-up in the fourth season of X Factor Bulgaria. He represented Bulgaria in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with the song "Beautiful Mess", finishing in 2nd place. In January 2018, Kostov won the EBBA Public Choice award. In January 2019, Kostov was one of seven first batch singers who would be performing in the seventh season of Hunan Television's singing reality-competition Singer (previously I Am a Singer).
- 1 Personal life
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 4 References
- 5 External links
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kostov was born in Moscow to a Kazakh mother and a Bulgarian father. He has an older brother, Daniel, and a younger sister, Sofia. As a child, he learned Bulgarian from his father, while his brother taught him English.
At the age of five, Kostov began singing and playing the piano, because he was very shy and needed to open up a little. By that time he joined Moscow-based vocal group "Neposedi", which has also gathered Russian duet t.A.t.U for the first time. Around the same time, he was struggling with muscular dystrophy, which he revealed in a YouTube video in 2017.
In 2011, Kostov left Neposedi in order to concentrate on his solo career. In 2012, Kostov represented Bulgaria in the junior version of New Wave, an international contest for young performers of popular music.
2014–2016: The Voice Kids Russia & X Factor Bulgaria
Kostov participated in the Russian version of The Voice, Golos. He was part of the first season of the kids version of the show where his mentor was Dima Bilan and Bilan chose Kostov to advance to the finals. After his success in Russia, Kristian decided during his visit to Bulgaria to audition for the fourth season of X Factor Bulgaria as he is of Bulgarian origin. Kostov was selected as one of the three "boys" category (mentored by Sanya Armutlieva) contestants who would advance to the live shows, and eventually became one of the finalists after avoided elimination during the semi-finals where the judges (except for Lucy Diakovska) chose to save him instead of the group A.V.A. During the finals, he performed solo the Lyube's song "Позови меня", made a duet with Vasil Naydenov performing the song "Сбогом, Моя Любов", and Emil Dimitrov's song "Ако си Дал" as his winning song on the second night. When the final results was revealed, it was announced that Christiana Louizu won the series while Kostov settled for the runner-up.
|The X Factor performances and results|
|First audition||Free choice||"When I Was Your Man"||Through to bootcamp|
|Bootcamp||Group performance||"Chandelier"||Through to Judge's houses|
|Judges' houses||Free choice||"If I Ain't Got You"||Through to live shows|
|Live show 1||Number one's||"Thinking Out Loud"||Safe|
|Live show 2||Halloween||"Take Me to Church"||Safe|
|Live show 3||First love||"I'm Not The Only One"||Safe|
|Live show 4||Bulgarian hits||"Невидим"||Safe|
|Live show 5||Movie Soundtracks||"Wild Wild West"||Safe|
|Live show 6||Divas and Heroes||"Болката отляво"||Safe|
|Live show 7||Disco hits||"Treasure"||Safe|
|Live show 8||International hits||"Позови меня"||Safe|
|Christmas show||Christmas edition||"Mistletoe"||No eliminations|
|Live show 9||Love is everything||"Story of My Life"||Safe|
|"Крадена любов" (with Darina Yotova)|
|Live show 10||Tears and laught||"I See Fire"||Safe|
|"The Lazy Song"|
|Semi-final||One old and one new song||"Yesterday"||Bottom two|
|Final showdown||"Jealous"||Saved by majority vote|
|Final||One solo and one duet song||"Позови меня"||Runner-up|
|"Сбогом, моя любов" (with Vasil Naydenov)|
|Songs of the series||"Ако си дал"|
2016–2018: Virginia Records, debut single and Eurovision
On 7 October 2016, his debut single "Ne si za men" was released by Virginia Records. The song was written by Venci Venc' and music and arrangement by Ray Hedges, Nigel Butler and Isaac Evans. The song peaked to number 13 on the Bulgarian Singles Chart. He featured on Pavell & Venci Venc's single "Vdigam Level". The song was released on 25 November 2016, and peaked to number 13 on the Bulgarian Singles Chart. On 13 March 2017, it was announced that he would represent Bulgaria in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, with the song "Beautiful Mess". He is the first singer at Eurovision to have been born in the 2000s decade. He finished second in the contest, which was a new best result for Bulgaria, since the 2016 contest, where Poli Genova finished 4th.
On 18 November 2017, he performed during the final of Miss World 2017 in Sanya, China. Later on 17 January, Kostov won an EBBA Award, which is an award for young artist in Europe with most success out of their own country. He also won the Public's Choice Award.
2019-present: Singer 2019
On 4 January 2019 (episode airing on 11 January 2019), the seventh season of China's long-running singing competition Singer (which was also called I Am a Singer before 2017) began taping, and Kostov was revealed as the last of the seven first-round performers competing this season, which cast also consist of veteran Chinese singers Liu Huan, Chyi Yu, Yang Kun, Wu Tsing-fong (of the band Sodagreen), Zhang Xin, and Escape Plan; all seven singers carries an exemption of participating in the Breakouts and will automatically qualify for the finals if they survived elimination for the entire 11 weeks of performances. At age 18 at the time of the taping, Kostov was also the youngest contestant in Singer 's history, and the first ever contestant born in the 21 century. Kostov was eliminated from the competition on week six (2nd Challenge Round), but was however eligible to participate in the Breakout round (due to be held after the 4th Knockout Round, on March 29), to reinstate him from the competition and compete in the finals.
|Singer 2019 performances and results|
|Round 1 Qualifier||"Beautiful Mess"||Kristian Kostov||14.34%||4th||Safe|
(5th overall, with 12.42% combined)
|Round 1 Knockout||"Hello"||Adele||10.50%||5th|
|Round 1 Challenge||"Crazy" / "Don't"||Gnarls Barkley / Ed Sheeran||10.69%||6th||Safe|
|Round 2 Qualifier||"Remember"||A-Mei||13.795%||4th||Safe|
(4th overall, with 12.96% combined)
|Round 2 Knockout||"In My Blood" / "Stitches"||Shawn Mendes||12.125%||5th|
|Round 2 Challenge||"Spoiled Innocence"||Yoga Lin||6.205%||7th||Eliminated|
|Round 3 Qualifier||"I See Fire"||Ed Sheeran||N/A||Return Performance|
|Breakouts||"Get It" / "Rift"||Kristian Kostov||6.28%||7th||Breakout Failure|
As lead artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Ne si za men" / "You Got Me Girl"||2016||—||—||—||—||—||—||Non-album singles|
|"Ты Мой Огонь" (You Are My Fire)||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"The One (I Need You)"||2018||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"Get It"||—||—||—||—||—||—||Shower Thoughts|
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released.|
As featured artist
|"Ready to Fly"
(MaxiGroove & Kristian Kostov)
(Pavell & Venci Venc' featuring Kristian Kostov)
|"Live It Up"
(B-OK featuring Roxie and Kristian Kostov)
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released.|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Mir bez voyny"
(Deti Zemli featuring Open Kids, Respublika Kids, Sofia Tarasova, etc.)
- He has a double citizenship: Russian and Bulgarian.
1. Украинский журналист Шарий напомнил СБУ о поездке фаворита "Евровидения" в Крым. Komsomolskaya pravda (in Russian). 2017-05-11. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
Quote: "17-летний участник «Евровидения» родился в Москве и учится в столице России, живет в Болгарии, имеет российское и болгарское гражданство."
2. ""Евровидение"-2017: Пелагея переживает за свою армянку". Rambler News. 2017-05-08. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
Quote: "Я живу в России, но у меня двойное гражданство, поэтому представляю Болгарию, – сказал Костов Sobesednik.ru."
- "Вижте и чуйте нашия 15-годишен Кристиян от Москва - голямата музикална сензация!". trud.bg. 21 October 2015. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- "Kristian Kostov wins Public Choice Award at EBBAs". eurovision.tv. 18 January 2018.
- "《歌手2019》神秘嘉賓是18歲小鮮肉！ 台灣女神強對決網驚：神仙打架". ETtoday. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- 湖南卫视歌手官方微博 (2019-01-04). "#歌手# 欢迎你，《歌手》首位00后天才歌手！ @KristianKostov克里斯". 新浪微博. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- "Kristian Kostov will participate in Singer 2019". EXCTRA. 2019-01-04. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- Mamsikashvili, Rezo (13 March 2017). "KRISTIAN KOSTOV WILL REPRESENT BULGARIA AT EUROVISION 2017 WITH "BEAUTIFUL MESS"". wiwibloggs.com. Wiwibloggs.
- "Russian Aeroflot plane makes emergency landing in Moscow". BBC News Online. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Участники детского "Голоса" готовятся к новым выступлениям". nnews.nnov.ru. 21 October 2015.
- "Кои са финалистите в X Factor?". trud.bg. 21 October 2015. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- Христиана Лоизу, Дарина Йотова и Кристиан Костов са финалистите в “Х Фактор”
- НОВИЯТ X Factor на България е Християна Лоизу Archived 2016-01-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Младият музикален идол Кристиан Костов с дебютна песен
- Jordan, Paul (13 March 2017). "Bulgaria is a 'Beautiful Mess' in 2017". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- Cite error: The named reference
Singer2019was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Prologue - EP by Kristian Kostov on Apple Music". Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "austriancharts.at – Discographie Kristian Kostov". Hung Medien. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "lescharts.com – Discographie Kristian Kostov". Hung Medien. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- "dutchcharts.nl – Discografie Kristian Kostov". Hung Medien. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "Official Scottish Singles Chart Top 100: 19 May 2017 – 25 May 2017". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "swedishcharts.com – Discography Kristian Kostov". Hung Medien. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "hitparade.ch – Discographie Kristian Kostov". Hung Medien. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Не си за мен - Single by Kristian Kostov on Apple Music". Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "You Got Me Girl - Single by Kristian Kostov on Apple Music". Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "Burning Bridges - Single by Jowst & Kristian Kostov". iTunes. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
- "Ready to Fly - Single by MaxiGroove & Kristian Kostov on Apple Music". Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "Вдигам Level (feat. Kristian Kostov) - Single by Pavell & Venci Venc' on Apple Music". Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- TopHit Weekly General chart
"Mir bez voyny": "Дети земли - Мир без войны". Tophit. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
The TopHit Weekly General chart's rankings are based on airplay on 230 radio stations in Russia, as well as 200 Russian-language radio stations all over the world (in Ukraine, the CIS countries, the Baltic states, Cyprus, Israel, Germany, the United States, and Canada).
- Дети всей Земли призывают к миру без войны. V Gorode (in Russian). 2014-12-10. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
""Katapulta Creative Team", "Республика Kids" и "Open Art Studio" презентовали видео "Мир без войны"". Bagnet (in Russian). 2015-01-12. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kristian Kostov.|
- Kristian Kostov profile at Virginia Records (in Bulgarian)
- Kristian Kostov on Twitter
- Kristian Kostov on IMDb
with "If Love Was a Crime"
| Bulgaria in the Eurovision Song Contest