Kyle Lewis (baseball)
|Born: July 13, 1995|
Lewis attended Shiloh High School in Snellville, Georgia. He played both baseball and basketball in high school. He chose baseball over basketball and attended Mercer University, where he played college baseball for the Bears. As a freshman in 2014, he appeared in 42 games with 17 starts and hit .281/.340/.382 with two home runs and 17 runs batted in (RBI) over 89 at-bats. After his freshman season he played collegiate summer baseball in the Cape Cod Baseball League for the Cotuit Kettleers. As a sophomore in 2015, he played in 54 games, hitting .367/.423/.677 with 17 home runs and 56 RBI. He was the Southern Conference Baseball Player of the Year and was the co-winner of the Gregg Olson Award. After the season he returned to the Cape Cod Baseball League, playing for the Orleans Firebirds. As a junior, he hit .395/.535/.731 with 20 home runs and 72 RBI. He was the Southern Conference Baseball Player of the Year for the second straight year and was the Baseball America College Player of the Year.
Lewis was drafted by the Seattle Mariners with the 11th overall pick in the 2016 Major League Baseball Draft. He made his professional debut with the Everett AquaSox. On June 30, 2016, he won the 2016 Golden Spikes Award. Lewis only played 30 games for the Everett AquaSox due to a right ACL injury, batting .299 with three home runs and 26 RBIs. He spent 2017 with both the AZL Mariners and the Modesto Nuts, posting a combined .257 average with seven home runs and 31 RBIs in 49 games between both clubs, and 2018 with Modesto and the Arkansas Travelers, batting .244 with nine home runs and 52 RBIs in 86 games with the two teams. Lewis returned to Arkansas to begin 2019.
- Jeff J. Snider (June 19, 2015). "Mercer's Kyle Lewis left basketball behind for baseball – Baseball Essential". Baseball Essential.
- Will Hammock (April 22, 2015). "GWINNETT GRADS: Shiloh's Lewis an offensive force for Mercer baseball". Gwinnett Daily Post.
- "Shiloh grad Lewis makes rapid ascent at Mercer". Gwinnett Daily Post. March 10, 2016.
- staff reports (July 2, 2015). "Shiloh grad, Mercer OF Lewis wins Gregg Olson Award". Gwinnett Daily Post.
- "Cape League spotlight: Kyle Lewis, Orleans". capecodtimes.com.
- College Player Of The Year: Lewis Powers Away From Field
- Seattle drafts Mercer OF Lewis in first round
- Mariners top draft pick makes pro debut at Gesa Stadium
- "Kyle Lewis Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved October 20, 2018.